Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ltcf question

(Monroe County)

Default ltcf question

tomorrow i will be finally picking up my pistol from the shop and dropping off my ltcf application on the way

one question i had with the application is that it asks for your employers information, i am currently at college and only work in the summer time ill start working the day i finish my last exam but do i put anything down for this section or just leave it blank since at the present i dont have a employer? dumb question im sure but i just dont want to have any hang ups with the application that delay the waiting process.

also i am in monroe county so if anyone has had any experience with the waiting period and how long it takes? i know it allows them 45 days or something to process the application but ive read of people getting theirs same day or a few days later. not getting my hopes up but would be nice if i didnt have to wait as i am a little impatient.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: ltcf question

Quote Originally Posted by mikey30067 View Post
    tomorrow i will be finally picking up my pistol from the shop and dropping off my ltcf application on the way

one question i had with the application is that it asks for your employers information, i am currently at college and only work in the summer time ill start working the day i finish my last exam but do i put anything down for this section or just leave it blank since at the present i dont have a employer? dumb question im sure but i just dont want to have any hang ups with the application that delay the waiting process.

also i am in monroe county so if anyone has had any experience with the waiting period and how long it takes? i know it allows them 45 days or something to process the application but ive read of people getting theirs same day or a few days later. not getting my hopes up but would be nice if i didnt have to wait as i am a little impatient.
    They have 45 days to approve or deny.

Don't worry about the employer field

Just put student or unemployed.

IMHO your employer details are not legally required anyway

Default Re: ltcf question

Like the above post says, just put student in the employment field and you will be fine. It doesn't show up on the actual license, and is technically unnecessary, but having it say student is better than leaving it blank.

As per the Monroe County Sheriff's office, they like to take their time. Expect the full 45 days, or at least close to it, and expect them to contact your references by mail. I'd check with your reference yourself in a week or so to double check they received the card and sent it back. It probably won't speed up the process much, but you'd rather not be denied because one of your references forgot to send the card back.

Congrats on the new pistol (first one?) and good luck with the wait. I suggest taking the new gun to the range a lot while you wait... that should make the time go by a bit faster, and will break the gun in nicely for when you can finally carry it!