Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I need revolver suggestions.

One of the best and most overlooked revolvers is the Dan Wesson. You can get a 2" Model 15 for under $500, if not closer to $400.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...=2325&Items=50

Al

(Cumberland County)

If you're dead set on a snub a bunch of strangers on the internet aren't gonna change your mind. However I strongly encourage you to go with something a little larger. If you're going to carry it and aren't considering pocket carry you really don't loose anything with a longer barrel. But you do gain lots of advantages. I'm not saying you need a 6 inch long 686. But maybe a 3 inch model 60? I guess I only say that because I'm currently lusting after one.

You have nothing to gain with a shorter barrel, except maybe pocket carry, but even then, a J frame is pushing the limit. The first 2 revolvers I bought were J frames with 1 7/8 inch barrels. They make great little carry guns for up close and personal work, but they aren't much good at the range, unless you really like only shooting from contact distance to 5 or 7 yards. Sure they can be shot well at greater distances, but it takes tremendous amounts of practice.

Either way, good luck, wheel guns are lots of.fun, no matter how big or small.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: I need revolver suggestions.

S&W models, 60,637,642,686.2 1/2''or 3'' barrel should do the trick.Have you
    checked out East Coast Gun Shop i heard prices are pretty good.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grillman View Post
    S&W models, 60,637,642,686.2 1/2''or 3'' barrel should do the trick.Have you
    checked out East Coast Gun Shop i heard prices are pretty good.

Are you talking the one in Duncansville? Because if so, I actually JUST got home from there. Was looking at a Ruger SP101. They had a standard hammer design one there for around $460 and another with the internal hammer and crimson trace grips for about $620. I'm really leaning towards spending the extra money. That thing was pretty sweet. Perfect size for my jeans pocket or inner jacket pocket(which is where I'd more than likely carry it), and it felt extremely comfortable. Also looked at quite a few S&W's there. I really liked mostly all of them...just a tad out of my price range. Even the crimson trace Ruger is a bit out of my range, but well worth it I think. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakesque View Post
    Are you talking the one in Duncansville? Because if so, I actually JUST got home from there. Was looking at a Ruger SP101. They had a standard hammer design one there for around $460 and another with the internal hammer and crimson trace grips for about $620. I'm really leaning towards spending the extra money. That thing was pretty sweet. Perfect size for my jeans pocket or inner jacket pocket(which is where I'd more than likely carry it), and it felt extremely comfortable. Also looked at quite a few S&W's there. I really liked mostly all of them...just a tad out of my price range. Even the crimson trace Ruger is a bit out of my range, but well worth it I think. Any thoughts?
    I have the ruger SP101. You won't be disappointed if you go for it. I've pocket carried it a few times in my jacket. It isn't exactly a jeans pocket carry gun. You'll find it gets way too heavy after a bit.

I would suggest a 3 inch S&W or Ruger, such as a model 60 or SP101.
    I shoot GP100's, SP101 and have recently added a S&W model 36 (38 sp).

The GP's shoot awesome in 357 and 38 sp, I have a 6" and 4". The four inch is my wife's favorite, but not good carry guns.

The SP101 is the 2 inch and can handle 38 specials all day but only a couple 357's make you want to go home and hold a cold drink in your shooting hand.

The s&w 3 inch is a great shooter and light enough to carry.

(Chester County)

Buy Ruger or Smith & Wesson. IMO, they are the best manufacturer of revolvers without paying silly money.

I have a S&W Model 66 .357 manufactured in the early 80s. I got it for just over $300. It was well worth the money....

Check out gunbroker. There's always a ton on there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123