Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Carrying at raystown lake.

So, I'm going to be staying at a cabin at raystown lake next month for a weekend.

Someone told me carrying is no longer a crime there. I can't find any recent news on it.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Carrying at raystown lake.

Much of the surrounding land is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and the lake is a CoE project. Did they remove restrictions on CoE projects yet would be the question? After much digging found this: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/36/part-327 Does not sound good. Is the cabin in CoE jurisdiction?

Code of Federal Regulations: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/CF...6-vol3-part327
    Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public PropertyVolume: 3Date: 2011-07-01Original Date: 2011-07-01Title: Section 327.13 - Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.Context:
    Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public Property. CHAPTER III - CORPS OF ENGINEERS, DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY. PART 327 - RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING PUBLIC USE OF WATER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ADMINISTERED BY THE CHIEF OF ENGINEERS.

§ 327.13
    Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
    (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
    (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
    (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under § 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
    (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
    (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    (b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    [65 FR 6901, Feb. 11, 2000]

What a bunch of goobledygook: http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/Missio...tion/Raystown/
    Last edited by gghbi; June 28th, 2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

I think it's on their land. I would keep it in the car and put it on when we leave. We stopped at a few places on the way home that were shady.

That sucks more than a hooker trying to earn a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Much of the surrounding land is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and the lake is a CoE project. Did they remove restrictions on CoE projects yet would be the question? After much digging found this: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/36/part-327 Does not sound good. Is the cabin in CoE jurisdiction?

Code of Federal Regulations: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/CF...6-vol3-part327
    Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public PropertyVolume: 3Date: 2011-07-01Original Date: 2011-07-01Title: Section 327.13 - Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.Context:
    Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public Property. CHAPTER III - CORPS OF ENGINEERS, DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY. PART 327 - RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING PUBLIC USE OF WATER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ADMINISTERED BY THE CHIEF OF ENGINEERS.

§ 327.13
    Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
    (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
    (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
    (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under § 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
    (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
    (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    (b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    [65 FR 6901, Feb. 11, 2000]

What a bunch of goobledygook: http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/Missio...tion/Raystown/

I CC'd and OC'd for a week there a couple years ago, found a nice gun shop too. I had no idea. Guess I lucked out. Bought some fireworks at that shop.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Enough said.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I CC'd and OC'd for a week there a couple years ago, found a nice gun shop too. I had no idea. Guess I lucked out. Bought some fireworks at that shop.
    Our friend carried there last year, just for inside the cabin and for their drive home. I'm curious but feel like with my luck, I'd get fucked bad.

(Centre County)

I have the same problem in Ohio hunting on a state wildlife management area that is part of the CoE property. Hunting is permitted, CC is not. Contact your US Representative in support of HR 38. The concealed carry reciprocity bill has language inserted in it that eliminates the provision on CoE lands.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter55 View Post
    I have the same problem in Ohio hunting on a state wildlife management area that is part of the CoE property. Hunting is permitted, CC is not. Contact your US Representative in support of HR 38. The concealed carry reciprocity bill has language inserted in it that eliminates the provision on CoE lands.
    To clarify, are you saying HR 38 eliminates the CC ban on CoE lands? That's what we call a "good thing"...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    To clarify, are you saying HR 38 eliminates the CC ban on CoE lands? That's what we call a "good thing"...
    From an article by Alan Korwin, "National assets are open to armed citizens. A person carrying under the terms of this statute may do so in any public areas of the National Parks, a National Wildlife Refuge, public Bureau of Land Management lands, Army Corps of Engineers land, and Bureau of Reclamation land." Of course, it will be subject to revision when it begins to move through the legislative process.

The bill is realitively simple, it can be read here: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/h...-115hr38ih.pdf

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter55 View Post
    From an article by Alan Korwin, "National assets are open to armed citizens. A person carrying under the terms of this statute may do so in any public areas of the National Parks, a National Wildlife Refuge, public Bureau of Land Management lands, Army Corps of Engineers land, and Bureau of Reclamation land." Of course, it will be subject to revision when it begins to move through the legislative process.

The bill is realitively simple, it can be read here: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/h...-115hr38ih.pdf
    Cool. Now if we can just get rid of that "buildings where federal employees work" thing. I'd like to go see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast