Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: non resident AZ or FL ccw?

danielbui,
    If the local PD pulls the switcheroo and changes their mind about doing your prints let me know. I got my prints done for my AZ permit about 25 mins away from FT Dix.
    20 years of service to this country and counting

Angry Re: non resident AZ or FL ccw?

Quote Originally Posted by danielbui View Post
    ok so my best option would to go with AZ because its cheaper than FL and its the same as FL right? both honored by PA. if i have my AZ, would that be all i need to ccw in pa? like if im asked by the LEO for proof of my ccw.

and i guess i wont be getting the pa LTCF lol
    Fl Non res no good in Pa and you need a pa dl to open carry if your ccw doesnt offer reciprocity,ex: my sc ccw does not allow me to OC in pa and pa wont issue a nr ltcf because sc dont acknowledge Pa at all

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1badgoat View Post
    Fl Non res no good in Pa and you need a pa dl to open carry if your ccw doesnt offer reciprocity,ex: my sc ccw does not allow me to OC in pa and pa wont issue a nr ltcf because sc dont acknowledge Pa at all
    You don't need anything to open carry in the State except Philadelphia because it's a city of the first class

As much as I'd ilke to say "screw SC" since a PA resident can't carry there without buying real estate, this is wrong. PA requires a license from you home state, if they issue them (or even pretend to). Whether your state recognizes a PA LTCF doesn't matter -- a lot of NY residents (who have a NY license) have LTCFs.
    Last edited by donm; May 10th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

I would love to put the screws to SC also ,family from lycoming area, local sherriffs office told me after being denied a ltcf this week that I could only carry open if i had a PA dl and could not carry in my vehicle because sc and pa have no agreements so my ccw is no good I hold a ccw for sc ,nr fl,sled cert 1,pistol qualfication nra and 2 yrs army,go figure

and i beleive that the problems for some leo's lay on the interpetation of 6106 par 11 and then par 15 they contradict each other

(Delaware County)

ANY valid license/permit is good for vehicle carry.

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) OFFENSE DEFINED. —

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

(b) EXCEPTIONS. — The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

(Chester County)

and i beleive that the problems for some leo's lay on the interpetation of 6106 par 11 and then par 15 they contradict each other
    There's no contradiction in the s. 6106 exceptions. (b)(11) applies ONLY to possession while in a vehicle, (b)(15) is more encompassing in that it includes possession in a vehicle PLUS carry on one's person in or out of a vehicle. So (b)(11) is a proper sub-set of (b)(15). Also licenses qualified under (b)(15) is a smaller set than that those under (b)(11).
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    There's no contradiction in the s. 6106 exceptions. (b)(11) applies ONLY to possession while in a vehicle, (b)(15) is more encompassing in that it includes possession in a vehicle PLUS carry on one's person in or out of a vehicle. So (b)(11) is a proper sub-set of (b)(15). Also licenses qualified under (b)(15) is a smaller set than that those under (b)(11).
    Bedford county

Bumping this thread because it's as good as any of them.

I applied for an AZ permit after my FL expired. 4 1/2 weeks later permit in hand.
    Used my expired FL as proof of training.
    No issue.

Simple, no picture required, no printing required after the initial issue, easy peasy.

Big thumbs up for AZ.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345