Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default How do you carry (what holster do you use) when lounging around/working out?

Has anyone else run into this problem; when working out, lounging around, or otherwise wearing pants or shorts without a belt or stiff waistband, how do you carry? I find that while I am just around the house wearing sweat pants or pj pants that I can use my serpa holster without too many issues unless I am moving around a lot. However when I go to the gym, I often go gun-less because I can't seem to figure out how to keep my gun secure and not bouncing around while working out.

So what do you guys do? What sort of holster do you wear when working out or wearing non-belted pants?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How do you carry (what holster do you use) when lounging around/working out?

LCP in Desantis Nemesis in rear pocket. Works even in gym shorts. Or try a KT P-32, loaded both Buffalo Bore hardcast flat nose, 3-4 Ozs. less and it is noticeable.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Beaver County)

Default Re: How do you carry (what holster do you use) when lounging around/working out?

What is this "working out" thing you speak of?

Many people don't carry at gyms because the attire typically worn usually doesn't support a holster. A couple of options to consider:

- A pistol in a pocket holster inside a fanny pack. Yes, I know the fashion statement you're making by wearing one, but at just about every gym I've ever been in, nobody would give a second look to a guy with a fanny pack.

- A pistol in a pocket holster inside a small backpack that you keep very close while working out. Yes, off-body carry is usually not ideal, but here's a suggestion if you go this route: hang a carabiner on the exterior of the backpack and clip it to the nearest piece of gym equipment to prevent snatch-and-run theft.

Even if it took 5 extra seconds to get to, either of these methods could have changed the outcome of the shooting spree at the L.A. Fitness in Pittsburgh.

(Bucks County)

Kel Tec p3at. Its like my cell phone. Always in my pocket everywhere. No pocket? Buy the belt clip. This is the gun for when you can't carry a gun.

(Clinton County)

When at home ,unless company is coming, I do not have the gun on me. It is always in reach in my serpa. When company comes I wear jeans and my 1911 in my serpa. My wife has at least one gun beside her at all times at home. She also puts her holster and gun on when company comes.

I work out on a Total Gym in my basement. I take the gun with me and is within reach. I do dry fire drills when I am done working out and still out of breath.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Monroe County)

P3AT in a Desantis pocket holster.

Stays in my pocket when at the gym or lounging on the couch.

(Bucks County)

Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Bucks County)

I tried carrying at the gym once. End well it did not. It was extremely uncomfortable. Now I just lock my gun up in the gym locker, and work out without it. I don't think there is a possible way for me to carry it comfortably. If its anywhere towards the rear of my waistband, I will be laying on it during bench press. In the front, it will dig into me while bending down for deadlifts, or just to pick up weights. I guess a fanny pack could work, but only if I spun it around depending on what exercise I'm doing. I really just don't like having shit hang off my body while working out. It's annoying enough just having my iPod in an arm band. For the times that I'm in the gym, I'm just gonna have to take my chances with not carrying a gun, no big deal. I already go without a gun in the post office, on airplanes, at the courthouse, etc., so I'm sure I'll be fine. I know gym shootings have happened but it's so rare, I have a better chance of getting stuck by lightning or eaten by a shark.
    Last edited by bac0nfat; March 30th, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Or try a KT P-32, loaded both Buffalo Bore hardcast flat nose, 3-4 Ozs. less and it is noticeable.
    This is my set up. Those little Buffalo Bore .32s are zippy.

I'm not gonna address the working out thing. If it's really that big of a deal work out at home and do it in your gun room.

For just lounging around the house I really like the convenience of a paddle. NOT A FOBUS. Something well put together. I've got one of these on order for this exact reason.

http://wildbillsconcealment.com.foun....asp?itemid=18

It's very nice to have a holster that just slips on and off. So if I'm lying on the couch at an odd angle I can slip it off, and if I have to run out to the car I can slip it back on, etc. Good for smokers that are always going outside and coming back in.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast