Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default 10 year old girl charged with felony after cutting food with knife

Student Arrested After Cutting Food With Knife
    10-Year-Old Charged With Possession Of Weapon On School Property

POSTED: 3:40 pm EST December 14, 2007
    UPDATED: 4:08 pm EST December 14, 2007

An elementary student in Marion County was arrested Thursday after school officials found her cutting food during lunch with a knife that she brought from home, police said.

The 10-year-old girl, a student at Sunrise Elementary School in Ocala, was charged possession of a weapon on school property, which is a felony.

According to authorities, school employees spotted the girl cutting her food while she was eating lunch and took the steak knife from her.

The girl told sheriff's deputies that she had brought the knife to school on more than one occasion in the past.

Students told officials that the girl did not threaten anyone with the knife.

The girl was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center.

http://www.local6.com/news/14857286/detail.html

Proud member of:

(Franklin County)

Default Re: 10 year old girl charged with felony after cutting food with knife

you gotta be sh$%ting me .................................................. .Going way to far on lack of common sense here.........pretty soon they arrest them for looking at you funny..
    either that , or there have to be some major changes in the way we school our children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In God We Trust............................

(Westmoreland County)

This world just ain't right anymore!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Philadelphia County)

GOOD!

That hardened criminal should rot in jail.

==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

How did a 10 year old get a "stabbing knife"?

Straw purchase?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    How did a 10 year old get a "stabbing knife"?
    According to the article, it was a steak knife.

I just can't get my brain around this... what ever happened to looking at the circumstances? If she was running around school slashing, lock her up. But bringing a knife to use at lunch to cut food is a f-ing crime, a felony no less?!?!?!?!

Assuming the news report has is right (which admittedly may not be the case), this is a sad case where a lack of common sense on the part of the school administration, and the system in general, could actually MAKE a criminal out of a perfectly harmless child. I very much hope a judge sees the forest for the trees and throws this out.

This begs the question: I wonder how many other innocent kids/families have been screwed by the system over technicalities and circumstance? How many other kids have been made criminals by the system that we now have to pay for?
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

You got to be kidding

Arresting a 10 year old for this........ Home schooling is sounding better everyday

(Lebanon County)

This brings to mind the KFC commercial, everyone's running around the office screaming that so and so has a knife. Big boss goes up and she's got one of those plastic knives, and says it's KFC, the boss shouts out "relax people it's KFC".

When I first saw that commercial I thought, man people can NOT be that nervous, even though some call them sheep, they can't be that bad. Well looks like I was schooled, they are that bad and some do deserve the title of sheeple.

United States of America, where have you gone?

(Chester County)

That is just sad!! What f'n idiot would lockup a kid for making an innocent mistake like that? As much as I hate law suits I hope that she sues the school. Maybe that what needs to happed to get some of these idiots to wake up.

Imagine that......parents teaching their little ones to use utensils for eating.....how human....how civil, how absurd!
    What's next the evil fork....or maybe the evilest of em' all........the spoon!

I'm proud to say I was not one of those parents who taught my kid good manners and proper eating etiquette.
    He still eats bite size kibble out of a dog bowl on the floor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast