Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Need copy of new handgun transfer forms with new SSN privacy warning

Does anybody have one they can pdf and post here?

I know the new LTCF application has a warning:

"PRIVACY ACT NOTICE
    Solicitation of this information is authorized under Title 18 Pa.C.S. §6111. Disclosure of your social security number is voluntary. Your social security number, if provided, may be used to verify your identity and prevent misidentification. All information supplied, including your social security number, is confidential and not subject to public disclosure." SP 4-127 (8-2007), available at http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_to_carry.pdf. The block for the SSN also states: "(Optional, but will help prevent misidentification)." Id.

But it would be nice to check out the new handgun transfer forms to make sure the warnings are there.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Need copy of new handgun transfer forms with new SSN privacy warning

The new SP4-113 forms with "optional" SS# have not been issued yet. Or atleast they havent supplied me with any yet.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Default Re: Need copy of new handgun transfer forms with new SSN privacy warning

I dont see the issue of the SS thing since PICS is still going to give it to the person calling it in.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I dont see the issue of the SS thing since PICS is still going to give it to the person calling it in.
    Yep. They read it to me.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Pennsylvania's requirement that buyers provide a Social Security number to purchase a gun or obtain a concealed-weapons permit was struck down by a federal judge.

The state law violated the federal Privacy Act.

A gentleman by the name of Stoll brought suit against PA and won.

Rick

(Allegheny County)

My thing is this, what is to stop the dealer from writing it onto the form once the PICS system provides it to him. Just because you didn't give it to him, if they are gonna get it and write it in anyway, what is the point of making it "optional" almost sounds like a "gun free" zone just a feel good thing done by politicians to placate the law suit.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    Pennsylvania's requirement that buyers provide a Social Security number to purchase a gun or obtain a concealed-weapons permit was struck down by a federal judge.

The state law violated the federal Privacy Act.

A gentleman by the name of Stoll brought suit against PA and won.

Rick
    If I am not mistaken, the OP of this thread is that very man, Mike Stollenwerk. I believe he wants a copy of the updated FFL form for his own personal satisfaction and to ensure that his efforts were not in vain.

/Big round of applause for Mike. Thank you very much for all you've done and and are doing!

//I'm still down for the lawsuit, if you feel it's not been resolved to your satisfaction.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

If the PICS operators are still giving the dealers buyer SSNs (presumably by snooping into the DMV data base) and telling dealers to impregnate the gun transfer records with the buyer's SSN then please contact me at Mike at Opencarry.org because this is a direct violation of the federal Drivers Privacy Protection Act, see http://epic.org/privacy/drivers, and essentially contempt of the federal court's order in Stollenwerk v. Miller, 2006 WL 463393 (E.D. Pa. 2006) (striking down Pennsylvania statute demanding disclosure of SSNs of gun buyers and License to Carry Firearm applicants), available at http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documen...s/06D0225P.pdf, and subsequently fortified by Judge Sanchez' attached order in February 2007 (declaring that if Pennsylvania continues to elicit optional disclosure of SSNs from gun buyers and License to Carry Firearms applicants, Pennsylvania must provide a Section 7(b) Federal Privacy Act notice).

It is simply illegal for PICS operators to disclose a gun buyer's confidential SSN to a gun dealer. If this happens to anyone in Pennsylvania, it means that the Pennsylvanmia State Police and DMV are simply out of control and I will organize legal action to quash it - but I need your help: (1) Stop giving your SSNs to gun dealers and write "Not disclosed, if any" into the SSN block of any gun transfer form! 2) Refuse to confirm any SSNs given by PICS to your dealer! (3) Refuse to go thru with any sale in which a dealer writes a number purporting to be your SSN onto federal and Pennsylvania gun transfer forms that YOU are required to sign upon penalty of perjury! (4) Contact me if any of the abuses occur at Mike at OpenCarry.org!
    Last edited by Mike; December 17th, 2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo

Attached here is the subsequent court order referenced above:
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Luzerne County)

The new forms have not been released yet, per my inquiry on around 11/20

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast