Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Ran into some High School friend while OC...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Those two twats are the worst kind of gun owners.
    i agree. unbelievable!

(Washington County)

Sounds to me like you have a couple slots open for a couple new FB friends.. Probably more than a few folks on here that would wlecome a friend request.

Its like thinning out the gene pool.. the cream rises to the top, and the sludge removes itself naturally... ;^)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I took my nephew to Dicks Sporting goods to get him set up with his first fishing pole for the Trout opener next weekend. While I was there I ran into 2 of my buddies from high school. They are brothers and we spent quite a bit of time together hunting and fishing back in the day.

While I was there, I picked a 250 round boxes of 45 ACP and 9mm. I ran into them after getting the ammo and heading towards the cashier...
    We talked a little about hunting/fishing, they noticed I was OCing my 1911 and they shocked me with their opinions on guns/carry etc...

B1 - Hey, Recon, do you know your pistol is showing?

Me - Yes, I know

B2 - Don't you think you should have left it in the car, or at least covered it?

Me - It wouldn't do me very much good in my truck, and that's how guns get stolen.... Why should I cover it? It is legal to carry this way...

B1 - Some people don't like guns and could get scared of a MWAG walking around the store...

Me - These same people came to a store that sells guns.... besides if they don't like t to look at my gun, they can turn their fucking heads...

B2 - [noticing the ammo in the cart] Why do you need so much ammo? Is there something going on I don't know about???

Me - I like to keep some ammo on hand... I also need some re-loadable brass...

B1 - I can't understand why people feel the need to have all this ammo laying around especially for guns you can't even hunt with.

B2 - I only buy 2-3 boxes of ammo a year. I practice with my deer rifle a few weeks before the season starts, and keep 5 rounds left for the season... My rifle never leaves the safe for 11 months out of the year... Look, we support the 2A and are both NRA life members but, there is no need to be walking around like that...

Me - I really don't care what you think...

B2 - The 2A doesn't mean you can walk around like that...

Me - What does "bear" mean? I'll give you a hint, it means to carry....

B1 - It doesn't say you can have an arsenal in your house...

Me - It doesn't say you can't have an arsenal in your house either...

B2 - They should copy your drivers license every time you buy more than a normal size box of ammo.

Me - What is a normal size box?

B2 - 20 rounds... There is no need for you to have all that... It should be against the law to buy that much ammo in one purchase... YOU HAVE 500 ROUNDS IN YOUR CART!!!! with your daughter and nephew...

Me - You do know this ammo can't go off without the gun right? I can't believe YOU guys are so geeked up about this... being gun owners and all.

B1 - It's people like you that are going to jeopardize our right to hunt...

Me - You do know the 2A has nothing to do with hunting, right? The state determines hunting laws, the Constitution has nothing to do with it...

B2 - What about Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness???

Me - That is the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. AFAIK, it has no bearing on the Law... Look, I don't tell you what church to go to, I don't tell you how to use your free speech, and you don't tell me how many rounds of ammo I can buy or how I carry my pistol.... Look, I have shit to do, you have a nice day....

I went on Facebook this morning and they both deleted me from their Friends list....
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Jeez.... I never told my friends about the guns I own until about a year ago after I got a few, and mostly all of them went, "cool ".

I think you handled it well, especially with having kids with you, watching you language carefully enough. If the kids weren't with you, some other language or phrases may have found their way into the conversation, or at least for me they would have.

The people I used to know in high school seem the exact opposite, the ones I would never talk to have my views and the ones I did seem wary of my views.

But hey, what would life be if it was boring?
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Adams County)

You can't have alpha males without the beta's.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Bucks County)

Doesn't sound like its any kinda big loss who needs them anyhow. I think you'll get over this rather quickly just a hunch

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    Jeez.... I never told my friends about the guns I own until about a year ago after I got a few, and mostly all of them went, "cool ".

I think you handled it well, especially with having kids with you, watching you language carefully enough. If the kids weren't with you, some other language or phrases may have found their way into the conversation, or at least for me they would have.

The people I used to know in high school seem the exact opposite, the ones I would never talk to have my views and the ones I did seem wary of my views.

But hey, what would life be if it was boring?
    Very similar circumstances for me... This is one of the great benefits of living in rural south-central PA (bedford-huntingdon area). There seem to be less anti's around, and people seem to be generally more accepting in the small town rural setting.
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    Very similar circumstances for me... This is one of the great benefits of living in rural south-central PA (bedford-huntingdon area). There seem to be less anti's around, and people seem to be generally more accepting in the small town rural setting.
    Ooh, Wish I lived under the same circumstances, I live right over thr bridge from jersey and right outside philly.... One wrong step and ill be under attack by the communists JFK warned us about...
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    Ooh, Wish I lived under the same circumstances, I live right over thr bridge from jersey and right outside philly.... One wrong step and ill be under attack by the communists JFK warned us about...
    Ummmmm....got some BAD news for ya there buddy....
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345