Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guns at walmart

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Guns at walmart

I have to say walmart has the cheapest ammo i have found, $10.45 for a box a 50 9mm's

Cant beat it, i wish they would start selling hand guns
    "fom my cold dead hands"

(Northampton County)

Maybe we should really calculate the price difference between products.
    then figure out gas to get there, time to get there, there isn't much difference in price, shop local and keep your local merchants in your town afloat.

I realize walmart has cheaper ammo prices and i do buy it (when it's there)
    but if i'm ever in one of my local small business's I'll pick up some ammo while i'm there, sure its a little more but hell i'm already there I don't have to drive and waste time and i'm keeping the mom and pop business in town going.

As far as customer service, i have always gotten better service locally than @ wallyworld
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    And they video record all firearms transactions and maintain those archives for possible future LE review.
    And they're PROUD of it! Walmart signed the "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" 10-point pledge and Bloomberg has applauded their "responsible" stance on firearms. This is the "pledge" that "Heeding God's Call" is demonstrating about at local gun shops (Delia's in Philly at the moment). They couldn't give me a gun -- literally.

Wal-Mart and the bi-partisan coalition of Mayors Against Illegal Guns today announced that Wal-Mart, the largest seller of firearms in the nation, has adopted the new Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, a 10-point code that will help ensure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, created by Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Wal-Mart, is a set of policies that will be implemented over time that includes video recording of sales, rigid controls on inventory, checks that gun purchasers are not misrepresenting themselves and the development of a first-of-its kind computerized crime gun trace log for retailers. The new crime gun trace log will flag purchases by customers who have previously bought guns later recovered in crimes. Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Wal-Mart developed the code to curb some of the most common ways guns end up in the hands of criminals. Wal-Mart will implement the 10-point code at its stores where firearms are sold. The announcement was made at the Mayors Against Illegal Guns National Summit, where representatives from 60 cities gathered to discuss ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.

"We know the ways that guns can end up being used in crimes. Now a responsible and innovative company has stood up with our over-300 member coalition of mayors to strengthen their sales practices to keep guns out of the hands of criminals," said New York City Mayor and coalition co-chair Michael R. Bloomberg. "I've always believed in leading by example, and Wal-Mart has again demonstrated why it's a great American company. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership makes good sense - it will have no impact on a well-intentioned and law-abiding gun buyer - but will help keep Americans safer."
    http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns....pr007-08.shtml

Lets see if the firearm community treats walmart the same as they did Smith Wesson after they caved to political pressures years ago.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by 18mm View Post
    Two years ago, I was shopping for a zero turn but the local John Deere dealer didn't have any of the model I wanted. They told me to go to Lowe's because they had three. I asked them how they knew and the salesman told me they had just serviced and delivered them. Now that was from their own inventory so the quality difference doesn't apply there either.
    John Deere tractors always get shipped to the dealer. just like Cub Cadet, but the dealer will not sell that model at his store!
    You know why a banana is like a politician?
    When he first comes in he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpertz View Post
    John Deere tractors always get shipped to the dealer. just like Cub Cadet, but the dealer will not sell that model at his store!
    The model I bought at Lowe's is both in my dealers line-up and in the John Deere zero turn catalog and Lowe's price was $400 cheaper.

(Allegheny County)

I will weigh in on this train wreck. My opinion is that it's great that walmart sells guns. I personally won't buy from walmart if I can get it elsewhere. The same people praising them for low prices will be the same people complaining that they can't get xyz locally anymore because all of the local shops have gone out of business, be it the grocer, the gun shop, or the local hardware store.

I just bought a 10/22 a month ago. Walmart had it for $237, and I bought it at my local shop for 255(this was right before the recent manufacturer price drop) instead.

I'd rather pay the extra few bucks to keep the local shop in business, and if I decide that I need a scope boresighted next week, or something mounted somewhere, or a question answered, they'll take care of me.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123