6 20.69%
  • Been to PMSC, no intention to join

6 20.69%
  • Been to PMSC, have PLANS to join

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Joined PMSC because of PAFOA

Just curious, since I know there are several long time PAFOA members. Who here on the forum joined PMSC because of PAFOA? Like you came to a group shoot and were impressed and joined up. I know *I* fall into that category, I just thought it would be interesting to see how many other people would be in that group as well.

Edit: Cause I'm a dunderhead...PMSC is the Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsman Club, located in North Versailles, PA. Where the west group shoots are held. Their website is http://www.pmsconline.com
    Last edited by Montanya; December 16th, 2007 at 12:51 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Joined PMSC because of PAFOA

never heard of it before

(Allegheny County)

I hated wexford and needed somewhere close to shoot. With all the options and the very reasonable dues it just made sense. And yes, without the poofa shoots I never would have found out about the club and/or joined up.

(Delaware County)

If I lived within an hours drive on the place I'd join in a heartbeat, but at 5 hours away ..... well I wished we had a place like it in this end of the state.

Bill

Hokkmike Guest

Fill us in. What are they about?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Fill us in. What are they about?
    http://www.pmsconline.com/

(Allegheny County)

Montanya, perhaps some additional info in the initial post would be helpful?

PMSC = Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen's Club.

If you aren't from Pittsburgh, or haven't followed any of the Pgh PAFOA Group Shoot threads, you likely have no idea what this post is about.

I was a member at PMSC before I joined PAFOA.
    I would go to the club, shoot a little and go home. Didn't know many members and didn't have any shooting friends who belonged to the club. It was a little boring.

When I joined PAFOA and saw how many folks were from this area, I PM'd a few of them and asked if anyone wanted to join me at the club to meet each other and do some shooting.

D-FENS and I showed up and he then posted a thread to try and get more of us local PAFOA members together over some food... the idea of food AND shooting was quickly proposed, and if I recall correctly, Lycanthrope was the one who said "Let's do it!".

A few weeks later, about ten PAFOA members met at PMSC for the first "official" PAFOA Group Shoot. (it isn't officially sponsored by PAFOA)

After a few more PMSC members learned about the PAFOA and joined the forum, it started to get more organized and with a PMSC board member in the mix,(Roland)it really helped with communicating our goal of getting shooters together for the growth of our "sport". Initially we were only permitted to bring one guest per PMSC member. IIRC, Roland was instrumental in making the shoot an official club "event", which then allowed us to open the invitation to as many PAFOA members as we wished. The shoots grew by about ten new shooters each month, and at one point this summer, we had a showing of about 100 people.

The club is a nice one. PMSC has welcomed the shooters of PAFOA and deserves our sincere thanks. Many clubs would not even consider allowing non-members use their facilities. As the leaders of PMSC have learned, this arrangement has been a win-win situation. PAFOA members are coming to the club to shoot at the Group Shoots and many are joining when they see what the club has to offer, and the forum is gaining new members via the exposure of this great event to the members of PMSC.

Without these shoots, I would still be shooting alone.
    I've met a lot of new friends, and I hope that there are others out there who I will eventually get to meet at one of these great events.

PMSC and PAFOA. A great combination.
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 16th, 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

One thing that was left out about the PMSC/PAFOA collaboration is that it helps generate funds that support both the PMSC and the PAFOA site.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Beaver County)

I've been a member of PMSC for almost 11 yrs. I found this site last year when I was laid off in the winter. If we didn't have the group shoots, I probably wouldn't of stuck around here as long.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Montanya, perhaps some additional info in the initial post would be helpful?

PMSC = Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen's Club.

If you aren't from Pittsburgh, or haven't followed any of the Pgh PAFOA Group Shoot threads, you likely have no idea what this post is about.

I was a member at PMSC before I joined PAFOA.
    I would go to the club, shoot a little and go home. Didn't know many members and didn't have any shooting friends who belonged to the club. It was a little boring.

When I joined PAFOA and saw how many folks were from this area, I PM'd a few of them and asked if anyone wanted to join me at the club to meet each other and do some shooting.

D-FENS and I showed up and he then posted a thread to try and get more of us local PAFOA members together over some food... the idea of food AND shooting was quickly proposed, and if I recall correctly, Lycanthrope was the one who said "Let's do it!".

A few weeks later, about ten PAFOA members met at PMSC for the first "official" PAFOA Group Shoot. (it isn't officially sponsored by PAFOA)

After a few more PMSC members learned about the PAFOA and joined the forum, it started to get more organized and with a PMSC board member in the mix,(Roland)it really helped with communicating our goal of getting shooters together for the growth of our "sport". Initially we were only permitted to bring one guest per PMSC member. IIRC, Roland was instrumental in making the shoot an official club "event", which then allowed us to open the invitation to as many PAFOA members as we wished. The shoots grew by about ten new shooters each month, and at one point this summer, we had a showing of about 100 people.

The club is a nice one. PMSC has welcomed the shooters of PAFOA and deserves our sincere thanks. Many clubs would not even consider allowing non-members use their facilities. As the leaders of PMSC have learned, this arrangement has been a win-win situation. PAFOA members are coming to the club to shoot at the Group Shoots and many are joining when they see what the club has to offer, and the forum is gaining new members via the exposure of this great event to the members of PMSC.

Without these shoots, I would still be shooting alone.
    I've met a lot of new friends, and I hope that there are others out there who I will eventually get to meet at one of these great events.

PMSC and PAFOA. A great combination.
    Thanks for the help in clarifying. At this point like a dunderhead I just assume that everyone knows that PMSC is LOL. The club is fantastic, the people I have met that are both board members and regular members are all great. They even give you food at the general meetings Overall, if I never came to PMSC any other time than the group shoots, the 60$ a year still pays for the 5$ a month group shoot guest fee. I have already gone out to PMSC several times besides the shoots so certainly I can see it being well worth the cost.

Anyone that is in the PGH area that doesn't at least check the place out is cheating themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast