Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up NH came today. AZ on Deck...

Received my NH Non-Resident "Pistol/Revolver License" today. They cashed my check on March 14. Pretty good turnaround, I'd say...

My AZ application went out via Certified Mail this past Monday, so hopefully (I say hopefully b/c of the possibility of the fingerprint cards not meeting the FBI's satisfaction - I'm always paranoid about the details) I'll have that in a couple of weeks, tops!

If my AZ license comes through w/out any trouble, I'm wondering if there is any real advantage to pursuing the FL license... (?)

Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

In case anyone is wondering, I went with NH first not due a particularly extensive reciprocity map, or price of the application fee ($100! ), but rather for the following reasons:

- Relative ease of applying (Just send a copy of your valid PA LTCF and the completed application form; that's all that's required).

- The fact that, if I do have the misfortune of being denied by AZ on the grounds of the fingerprint cards not being done correctly (It's possible, I guess), one of the few dis-qualifiers for NH is "Have you have ever been denied a license in any other state, for any reason?" - I can always re-submit a new set of print cards to AZ DPS if need be. Re-apply for NH afterward if that was to happen, however? Not so much...

Just wanted to share. Thanks for listening

Regards,

Bones

Default Re: NH came today. AZ on Deck...

Even if AZ does not like the quality of your prints, I doubt they would actually deny you... they'd just ask for a better set of prints... perhaps taken by a police agency...

and not some guy named J. Doe in a truck parked on the street

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    If my AZ license comes through w/out any trouble, I'm wondering if there is any real advantage to pursuing the FL license... (?)
    Since you have your PA LTCF, you don't need FL for FL. The only thing FL will give you over AZ is WA.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Since you have your PA LTCF, you don't need FL for FL. The only thing FL will give you over AZ is WA.
    Utah would also give him Washington State. Utah Govenor just signed into law that the application fee for Utah is now only 29.75 for initial permit and 15dollar to renew every 5 years. Florida is 117 dollars for 7 year permit and you must get fingerprinted every time by Law Enforcement. Utah only requires fingerprints during initial permit application.

As an FYI Oregon and Connecticut have pending reciprocity bills that would recognize more out of state permits. I have been in touch with both respective authorities about the reciprocity bills.

gbrown221
    www.team-life.org
    info@team-life.org
    Last edited by gbrown221; March 26th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post

As an FY Oregon and Connecticut have pending reciprocity bills. I have been in touch with both respective authorities about the reciprocity bills.
    Do you mean reciprocity with PA?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Do you mean reciprocity with PA?
    Typo: As an FYI Oregon and CT have reciprocity bills pending. Oregon's bill would recognize all states permits. CT Bill would recognize permits whoose issuing standards are substanially similar to CT. Col. of CT state police has indicated Utah, AZ, and FL would most likely qualify but PA will not due to lack of training req.

gbrown221

(Bucks County)

Typo: As an FYI Oregon and CT have reciprocity bills pending. Oregon's bill would recognize all states permits. CT Bill would recognize permits whoose issuing standards are substanially similar to CT. Col. of CT state police has indicated Utah, AZ, and FL would most likely qualify but PA will not due to lack of training req.

gbrown221
    RIght now CT doesn't honor any other permit...so that's a step in the right direction. Guess I may not need to renew CT when the time comes. Ah, who am i kidding...i've got it now...no reason not to renew it.

(Delaware County)

Utah would also give him Washington State. Utah Govenor just signed into law that the application fee for Utah is now only 29.75 for initial permit and 15dollar to renew every 5 years. Florida is 117 dollars for 7 year permit and you must get fingerprinted every time by Law Enforcement. Utah only requires fingerprints during initial permit application.

As an FYI Oregon and Connecticut have pending reciprocity bills that would recognize more out of state permits. I have been in touch with both respective authorities about the reciprocity bills.

gbrown221
    www.team-life.org
    info@team-life.org
    $29.75, is that a typo, the new app fee went down and the renewal up? I though they were both raised by $5.

Still all in all Utah and PA are the only two I need, I was going to go for a AZ but Utah is still the cheapest and gives me DE, the only surrounding state I go to, other than jersey or MD and they will probably never accept a license/permit unless the federal thing goes through.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    $29.75, is that a typo, the new app fee went down and the renewal up? I though they were both raised by $5.

UT's fee of $65.25 they we are all familiar with was $30 for application + $30.25 for FBI print check.

The $35 was reduced to $29.75 but the FBI charge is still there so it makes it an even $60 now...

Here's the bill HB 214

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

Still all in all Utah and PA are the only two I need, I was going to go for a AZ but Utah is still the cheapest and gives me DE, the only surrounding state I go to, other than jersey or MD and they will probably never accept a license/permit unless the federal thing goes through.

$29.75 is right off the NRA website and from the text of the Utah bill. Initial application fee. I think that is in addition to whatever the FBI is charging to process the prints. I am waiting to see what the total fee charged is when Utah updates their website. Renewal fee went up thought to 15.00. if you forget to renew for some reasone you will still be able to with a 7.50 late renewal fee.
    Last edited by gbrown221; March 26th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast