Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default New first line of home defense...

The wife and I adopted a new first line of home defense last weekend. His name is Titan and he is a little over two years old. His former owners had 5 kids and didn't have a lot of time for him. As a result, he is very needy but he listens fairly well (sit, lay down, etc.) and responds to his new name...it was Jet, but we changed it to Titan because it's more commanding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New first line of home defense...

He looks like a Black Wolf.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

That is a really nice looking dog.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Perry County)

Frenchy, my wife swears he must be mixed with wolf, but he is a pure bred black german shepherd. He is HUGE and needs some work on the leash.

Thanks Dan! I've always wanted a GSD and, when we saw him, could pass him up.

Like I said, he is quite needy right now. Apparently, the former owners didn't have that much time for him so he was either outside or in his kennel. As a result, even though he's over two years old, he behaves like a puppy. I haven't been on the computer that much because he whines and paws at me as soon as I stop paying attention to him. My wife says he whines a lot when I leave the house and he follows me around everywhere. I swear if I had long, pointy ears and a tail, that he was my shadow. I'm sure these things will work out with time and he'll become a great dog.

Dave G.

(Perry County)

That's an awesome looking dog. If anyone breaks into your house after hours I'm sure he'll take care of em.

I need to get a dog like that. My watchdog isn't nearly as ferocious

She doesn't even look at me when I come home late at night. She just sleeps the night away.

(Berks County)

Great looking dog! Congratulations! Mine is all of 12 weeks old, so the only thing that she really is capable of protecting at this point is her food bowl and she isn't really good at that one yet.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Perry County)

Thanks, Buckmark. He enjoys taking ME for a walk in the evenings. LOL! What is your dog? She's cute.

Thanks also, billamj. They're great (and horrible) when they're that young. That's kind of why the wife and I decided to get a young dog as opposed to a puppy. However, he is just like a puppy in many ways because of the home he was brought up in. In fact, my wife calls him "the puppy".

Dave G.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmg1969 View Post
    Thanks, Buckmark. He enjoys taking ME for a walk in the evenings. LOL! What is your dog? She's cute.
    Thanks Dave... She's a mix, but she's mostly Beagle. She tries like heck to lead the walking when I take her out.. but she's so light that she just kinda spins her tires.

(Philadelphia County)

thats a very beautifull dog! I made a thread way back when, where a bunch of people posted pictures of their dog.

Search for PETS OF PAFOA and you should see. You'll see my almost 2 year old puppy on there too!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Congrats on the new addition to the family and the ol' arsenal...I'm jealous, I only have two cats that will probally wake up long enough to bath themselves if an intruder ever come gets in, well that's untill the earth shattering KABOOM of a .45 being fired scares all 9 lives out of them.

All in all, that's a fine looking animal.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast