Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can I shoot at my home

the hunting laws are safety zone laws that disallow hunting within x amount of feet of a home.
    if you are NOT hunting, the safety zone law does not come into effect.

also, a previous poster said this " I think I'd ask at the fire hall or one of the town meetings. "

its best to ask the police directly about any ordinance or regulation that prevents shooting firearms, and ask for a copy of it if you have one.

never bring this stuff up in a public forum like a town meeting....they might find out they dont HAVE one, and decide to make one:-)
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

I think this is one of them trick questions Can I shoot at my home...
    rather then can I shoot on my property I beleive every town has their laws on this, mainly depends on what is beyond your target. I have known people who have very little property, yet could of setup a range very easely because of the hills in their surrounding area. Yet there are those who have tons of property, but can see the neighbour in all sides.
    Remember one thing, if you shoot on any property regularly, and even if just one neighbour is against it, you will suddenly have to explain all sorts of magic bullets that hit cars, houses, animals.. If your the only one who practices shoooting in the area, you will find your self responsable for every bullet in the area. People have had to explain how their .22 turned into 308 when they hit a home 2 miles away on the opposing side of their "range" or how a dog fell dead from a .22 while they regularly shoot .45 ...
    As far as shooting AT your home, I would invest in targets made of paper
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Remember one thing, if you shoot on any property regularly, and even if just one neighbour is against it, you will suddenly have to explain all sorts of magic bullets that hit cars, houses, animals.
    One more thing is that all sorts of city people have been moving out to the country. They bring their hate of guns with them. It is like they love the farms around them until the farmer manures his field. Then the farm has to go. The gun range's get that same problem. They hear the guns go off and the range must go.

In Spring Mount the local school board built a school down range from the local gun club. Now the gun club is expected to build a higher berm and limiting bars at the range's expense.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    One more thing is that all sorts of city people have been moving out to the country. They bring their hate of guns with them. It is like they love the farms around them until the farmer manures his field. Then the farm has to go. The gun range's get that same problem. They hear the guns go off and the range must go.
    Yep, exactly what happened in Arizona...Developer built Sun City (Retirement community) downwind of a feedlot operation that had been there for DECADES. Old folks started griping about the odors, and the feedlot was forced to close down, as it was too cost prohibitive to move (land prices had escalated exponentially).

IMO, if City folk are offended by the sights/sounds/odors that are a part of "country" life, then they should stay in the dad-blasted CITY!
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    IMO, if City folk are offended by the sights/sounds/odors that are a part of "country" life, then they should stay in the dad-blasted CITY!
    That's exactly the contradiction. City people don't realize that they do it to themselves.

They complain about the city, and move out. The love the "idea" of living in a more rural area, but then quickly start complaining about not having a Starbucks, Target, and a mall a mile up the road. So they push and push to get more "stuff" where they live, and quickly the rural, sleepy town starts to look just like where they left. Everyone else moves in, and then they all complain about how busy it's become, and start looking to move again.

They're like a virus.

If one is going to move to a rural area, be prepared to live in a rural area, and accept what comes with that, good and bad!

Rant over.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

The same everywhere. The Muslims move out of the Middle East for a better way of life in the free world. And complain about what they see here. They then bring what caused them to leave there old world.

(York County)

Yea certain people ruin it for everybody. They should stay in their shitty towns they ruined, instead they let my tax dollars buy them a house next door to me. Sorry, had to vent
    Springfield XD
    4" 45ACP
    3 High Capacity Mags
    Tactical Flashlight

(York County)

My wife and I moved here from Baltimore about 2 years ago in search of a better place to raise a family. In Balto. our neighbor was a conviced child molester, (raping his little sister) and the trash was moving into our quiet neighborhood fast. We found a wonderful home here in Felton and we moved in. A week later, we meet our new neighbor, The asshole from hawthorne (shitty neighborhood in Essex) with his daughter that is fresh out of a halfway house and they had to move to get her away from her drug addiction and her prostituting. So him and his 6th wife and daughter live next door to my wonderful home. Nice huh. There is no escapng.
    Springfield XD
    4" 45ACP
    3 High Capacity Mags
    Tactical Flashlight

(Cambria County)

It's enough to make you want to move into a cabin in the middle of the woods (AFTER buying up all the adjacent acreage, so no neighbors to worry about....that is, until some scumball local politico decides to take it through eminent domain and turn it over to a developer )
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12