Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mossberg/ Cobray M-500 "Rogue"

got any pictures?

Miles Fortis has pictures of his Rogue on the article. The Daniels subgun went to Alaska a long time ago, and he's lost touch with the new owner. He does have the Cobray suppressor which came with the subgun, I'll see if he can put up pictures.

The suppressor wasn't generally legal in MO in the 80s, or indeed until July 2012. I don't recall what loophole got it for him at the time, but it was indeed signed off and taxed. He recently had the can rebuilt with newer more modern internals, the rebuild cost more than the can did ca. 1984. Fair bit quieter, too.

(Berks County)

I got an m11 in the 80s. I still have some advertising from them. They made some derringers. I have one of the folding double barrel 410s. Cobray made some interesting things. The street sweeper was one.

The onliest item I ever got from their lineup was an interesting little accessory for a 10-22. It was a light green canvas double magazine pouch for the Ruger 10-22, accepting factory 10 rounders. It went over the right side of the buttstock. It had a rectangular metal lined grommet which accepted an included M1 Carbine sling. This attached to a sheet metal clip which slipped under the front band of the Ruger. It allowed the 10-22 to accept a side sling. In the early 80s, 10-22 were not set up generally for slings, and larger capacity magazines were not common.

The pouches carried the Cobray logo. Increasingly faulty memory tells me I bought it from Parallax in Chicago. Again early 80s. Only one I ever saw, too.

I gave it to my best friend in college. Now at the time he was embezzling money from his employer, unknown to me, and eventually his guns and other goodies were seized by the IRS and sold. So no likelihood of photography. Marcus is either in Heaven or Hell now, so I can't ask him for details.
    Last edited by A K Church; August 17th, 2015 at 06:14 AM.

(Northampton County)

Go to UZITalk.com and ask in the MAC 10 section. There you will find the guy that wrote the book (actually 3 of them) on Werbell, SIONICS, MAC, SWD, RPB, Jersey, the whole shebang. Plus about 5 people that worked with them or have the inside scoop on a personal basis.

Be civil. It aint PAFOA.

I am Miles Fortis who AK Church referred to.
    I saw the recent 404 hit on my website and came here to see what was up about the SWD AOW Mossberg I had bought back in the mid 80s when SWD was still in business.
    I was a FFL dealer, with a C3 SOT at the time, one of the few in Missouri, and much much too early to keep paying the SOT tax for any business purposes after a few years.

The original article is at http://www.milesfortis.us/b&jguns/sh...hort_of_it.htm

The receiver was engraved with the Cobray logo and 'The Rogue'. and was marketed by SWD for a very short time

The first thing I did was change out the hard plastic pistol grip to the Pachmayr Vindicator pictured in the article.

I hope this information helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12