Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default New sights for my Glock

I think I found what I want for my next set of sights. http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Produ...8E4-1212764612

Anyone know of any shops or gunsmiths in Beaver County that could install them for me? I just can't seem to find a decent gunsmith around here. I've got a ton of stuff I'd like to get done but, I just can't seem to find the right guy.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: New sights for my Glock

That is a nice set.

A monkey can install Glock front sights with the proper tool. (ask me how I know )

The rear is a bit different, but it can be done pretty easily at home, as long as no fitting is required.

Google it, there are a bunch of good tutorials out there. By all means though, if you don't feel comfortable doing it don't.

You don't wanna bang on something that has tritium vials in it too much.

I was pretty happy with myself when I did my first set. Saves money too.

You can also buy a sight pusher that makes it pretty easy, but they aren't cheap. I would invest in one only if I saw myself changing Glock sights often.

If the only purpose of your post was to find a gunsmith I'm sorry I couldn't help.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    That is a nice set.

A monkey can install Glock front sights with the proper tool. (ask me how I know )

The rear is a bit different, but it can be done pretty easily at home, as long as no fitting is required.

Google it, there are a bunch of good tutorials out there. By all means though, if you don't feel comfortable doing it don't.

You don't wanna bang on something that has tritium vials in it too much.

I was pretty happy with myself when I did my first set. Saves money too.

You can also buy a sight pusher that makes it pretty easy, but they aren't cheap. I would invest in one only if I saw myself changing Glock sights often.

If the only purpose of your post was to find a gunsmith I'm sorry I couldn't help.
    I'm fairly sure there is fitting involved with the rear sights. I also don't see myself changing the sights too often on my Glocks. If the sight pusher was less than $75 I'd think about it but, they're pushing $150. I'd love to do it myself but, I don't think I want to chance it.

(Allegheny County)

Great sights, over the last few months I had the same sights with the Front Dot Night Sight and Plain Rear Back installed on all three of my Glock 19s and my wife's two Glock 26s.

You will really like them. A friend of mine who has a Glock sight pusher installed them for me.

I would think that any certified Glock armorer would have the sight pusher and would be able to install them for you. Ace's in Washington has a Glock armorer; it's a little bit of a drive from Beaver, but....... (Just make sure to call first to make sure he is working that day.)

Enjoy your sights.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Montgomery County)

I went with the economy version of the same configuration:

AmeriGlo I-Dots

Though they seem to be out of stock on many of the models now.

And after having done mine with a proper sight tool, I wouldn't want to try it without one.

(Montgomery County)

I bought similar sights( http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Pistol-F...0841400&sr=8-1 ) for my Glock 26. I was going to buy the tool but had decided to just use a hammer and a flathead screwdriver instead. If you were to go this route, I'd wrap the flathead in tape to help protect the metal on the sight. I also wouldn't whack the hammer too hard as you may break your sight. Bytheway, custom fitting the back sight means a piece of sandpaper. Here's the video I had used to guide me in my installation. Fast forward to around 5:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBho8...eature=related
    Last edited by JasonK007; March 22nd, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    I bought similar sights( http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Pistol-F...0841400&sr=8-1 ) for my Glock 26. I was going to buy the tool but had decided to just use a hammer and a flathead screwdriver instead. If you were to go this route, I'd wrap the flathead in tape to help protect the metal on the sight. I also wouldn't whack the hammer too hard as you may break your sight. Bytheway, custom fitting the back sight means a piece of sandpaper. Here's the video I had used to guide me in my installation. Fast forward to around 5:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBho8...eature=related
    A wooden dowel is safer than a screwdriver, or even spending a couple bucks on a non-marring punch. Having the right tool for the job always helps.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here