Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Upper Southampton Township Hunting Ordinance

Was curious on whether or not my township prohibited the discharge of firearms on ones property. Conveniently enough, all of the codes are provided online by the township.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to this it seems to be okay to discharge a firearm on ones own property if actively hunting and having a valid license to do so. I don't think I ever would anyway, the neighbors would be calling the police. It's just curiosity got to the best of me. (regardless of such, I think Small Game Season ends today. My .17HMR remains to see very very little use)

http://www.ecode360.com/12733391

§ 93-3. Exceptions.
    This chapter shall not apply to:
    A. Persons licensed to hunt in this commonwealth while actually engaged in hunting where permitted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;

B. Members of any organization incorporated under laws of this commonwealth engaged in target shooting upon the grounds or property belonging to or under the control of such organization; and

C. Any law enforcement officers when used in the discharge of their official duties.
    It's a shame it's prohibited to even shoot BB Guns. It's possible I may have when I was way younger, maybe; right out in the back yard. Hunting Pepsi cans of course... maybe.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Upper Southampton Township Hunting Ordinance

Just remember that hunting carries it own rules. Like the safety zone one, you can't hunt or shoot within 150 yds of house etc without written permission.

Dale

Default Re: Upper Southampton Township Hunting Ordinance

As far as I know every township in Lower Bucks has outlawed the use of bb guns...and slingshots. I suppose the primary motivation was kids doing stupid things while stupid parents didn't do anything, like supervise their kids with bb guns. I grew up in Philly and used a bb gun regularly. When a cop pulled up he just wanted to confirm it was an airgun and instructed us "no head shots". We never considered the idea of shooting people (other than "playing army"), cars, windows, pets, etc. Our parents would have beat us half to death for that one. Upon healing they'd have rebeat us again.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.