Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crossbreed Supertuck deluxe

I have been thinking of getting this holster in cowhide for my GLOCK 19. How is the retention when sitting down and moving around etc? I have heard and seen online that if you have the gun in it and turn it upside down while holding the holster in your hand, the gun will fall out with little effort. How is it when wearing it? Does it tighten up quite a bit?

Anyone ever sat down and had the gun fall out of there Crossbreed?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Crossbreed Supertuck deluxe

All your questions for naught. Unless you're maybe doing a handstand and not wearing a belt. If you're really worried, you can heat the kydex with a hair dryer to get a tighter fit.

(Montgomery County)

I have a crossbreed for my Glock 19 and never had any problems with the gun falling out when i sit down. Although when you run or something you do have to keep your hand on the gun because it does tend to bounce a little out of the holster. Other then that its a great holster and very comfortable.

(Butler County)

I have a G19 and a crossbreed in cowhide. With the holster off and the gun in it it is a little loose and the gun isn't all that secure. With the holster on and the gun in it I have never had it move even a little bit while running, sitting, standing, walking... I haven't done a cartwheel with it but I think it would stay still if I did. You can tighten up the kydex if you like but you won't find it necessary I think.

It may be that the horsehide will hold the gun a little tighter with the holster off as the horsehide is a little stiffer.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ec1psetuner View Post
    I have a crossbreed for my Glock 19 and never had any problems with the gun falling out when i sit down. Although when you run or something you do have to keep your hand on the gun because it does tend to bounce a little out of the holster. Other then that its a great holster and very comfortable.
    That bounce shouldn't be happening... You could either tighten up your kydex, change your clips up one hole so the gun rides a little lower in your belt, or call up crossbreed holsters and you can send it back for an adjustment. It shouldn't bounce at all. I can sprint with mine, jump, etc. and it doesn't move.

I did move the clips up one hole as I like to reduce the grip print from the G19.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Philadelphia County)

I was looking at the CrossBreeds a few months ago but couldn't get past the price. I understand that quality comes with cost, however after speaking to a few people I know who own CBs I decided to go with a JS.

I've heard mostly good things about the CBs. Great accessibility & retention, comfortable, etc. A few negatives as well, most notably the kydex stress-cracking along the seams. Before the CB users ignite into balls of molten hot magma, I have to say, they are great holsters from the ones I've seen and handled and my decision to go with the JS was based purely on my specific needs. I.e. additional items on my waistline that I need to have access to and the price. I looked at Raven, CB, DeSantis, Blackhawk, BladeTech, making my own custom kydex, and a number of readily available commercial IWB holsters. I went with the JS. Again, this is just my opinion.

I received a gift certificate for a JS holster a few years ago and picked up their IWB holster for my Springfield V10 Ultra. Great holster! I was pleasantly surprised at how simplistic, yet highly effective their products are and the turnaround time was about a week. Easily concealable & accessible, sturdy, comfortable, secure and fits ALL my .45 frames. One holster fits all my 1911-style pistos (with the full frame muzzles "hanging out" of the bottom of the holster designed for the V10 frame [Officer's Length]). Same with the Glock 19 holster. Fits my 19, 17 & 31. IMHO for $55 they can't be beat.

Bottom line is you have to try before you buy. Especially with holsters or you'll end up like most of us on here spending money on holsters that never get used. Positives for me with the JS were size and profile on my hip, ease of accessibility and above all, price.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Just buy it and try it. If you don't like it you can return it, they have excellent customer service. I love mine and I have a couple friends that swear by it. I have ran, jumped, walked, drove, biked, swam(J/K) with it and its great. You won't be disappointed.
    -Champion5-

(Berks County)

I love my Supertuck as well. But with everyone and their brother out there making rip offs of these popular Kydex IWB and OWB holsters you should be able to get something similar for $50 or less, and the wait time is only a day or so.

p.s. - All these off brands are very similar in quality.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLightyear View Post
    I was looking at the CrossBreeds a few months ago but couldn't get past the price. I understand that quality comes with cost, however after speaking to a few people I know who own CBs I decided to go with a JS.

I've heard mostly good things about the CBs. Great accessibility & retention, comfortable, etc. A few negatives as well, most notably the kydex stress-cracking along the seams. Before the CB users ignite into balls of molten hot magma, I have to say, they are great holsters from the ones I've seen and handled and my decision to go with the JS was based purely on my specific needs. I.e. additional items on my waistline that I need to have access to and the price. I looked at Raven, CB, DeSantis, Blackhawk, BladeTech, making my own custom kydex, and a number of readily available commercial IWB holsters. I went with the JS. Again, this is just my opinion.

I received a gift certificate for a JS holster a few years ago and picked up their IWB holster for my Springfield V10 Ultra. Great holster! I was pleasantly surprised at how simplistic, yet highly effective their products are and the turnaround time was about a week. Easily concealable & accessible, sturdy, comfortable, secure and fits ALL my .45 frames. One holster fits all my 1911-style pistos (with the full frame muzzles "hanging out" of the bottom of the holster designed for the V10 frame [Officer's Length]). Same with the Glock 19 holster. Fits my 19, 17 & 31. IMHO for $55 they can't be beat.

Bottom line is you have to try before you buy. Especially with holsters or you'll end up like most of us on here spending money on holsters that never get used. Positives for me with the JS were size and profile on my hip, ease of accessibility and above all, price.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

You can't get past the price but you spent ten dollars less and think that's a deal?

You wouldn't want to see what I've paid for Sparks and other custom leather makers stuff.

You pay $500, $600, $xxxx for a gun, why would you be cheap with the holster you put said gun in?

It's like leaving your 1967 Shelby GT 500 parked on the curb every night...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

It is extremely solid when being worn, have no fear. Buy one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast