Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Tanners in Bucks Co.

I just bought an FN 45 tactical from them. Ray quoted me a price and when it came in he said the price went up $50 but he would honor his quote. They also respond to emails on the same day. One time when they were closed.

Good people.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Tanners in Bucks Co.

i like tanners and bought my fn 45 tactical there for 899 about two months ago.

(Bucks County)

really good people! prices are great. ray jr& sr are both good people to deal with, and stand behind their word.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    I just bought an FN 45 tactical from them. Ray quoted me a price and when it came in he said the price went up $50 but he would honor his quote. They also respond to emails on the same day. One time when they were closed.

Good people.
    Funny. One day I was in there buying range gear and I overheard them talking about selling something for $50 below list because it was misquoted. Small world, or they do that a lot, lol.

(Bucks County)

i have to think, they worry about getting a bad reputation. we've all read horror stories about some stores. i think that's why they'll take the hit. besides, you'll come back to them because they're honorable.

(Lehigh County)

Place is terrible, awful awful store, every time I go in there, I come out with a lot less cash than I went in with
    Actually one of the better gun shops I've ever been in, great ammo prices, I walked out of there today with a SIG 522 (which btw is a freaking awsome little tool).
    Nice people on the whole, can get busy, but thats due to their own success I guess

(Bucks County)

Great store, great staff, great prices. I was in on Monday putting an M&P on layaway. One of the guys told me they just recieved a call from Kimber saying that their other dealers (including Claytons) were complaining because Tanners was selling the Solo 9 much cheaper than everybody else...

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: Tanners in Bucks Co.

Great place and Bert is always good to me.

Problem is, I bought a gun there a few weeks ago and recently did an email inquiry about the availability of a certain handgun.

My phone rings and it's Tanner's, to talk to me about the inquiry.

I said "This is an unlisted number. How did you get it?"

"We have our ways."

I expressed my dissatisfaction that they are using information on firearms purchase forms for purposes other than for that it is intended.

I spoke to Ray directly and expressed by dissatisfaction with this practice.

"We get 200 emails a day. It's just easier this way."

"Well, Ray, if you can't respond to emails, then perhaps you shouldn't use email."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Great place and Bert is always good to me.

Problem is, I bought a gun there a few weeks ago and recently did an email inquiry about the availability of a certain handgun.

My phone rings and it's Tanner's, to talk to me about the inquiry.

I said "This is an unlisted number. How did you get it?"

"We have our ways."

I expressed my dissatisfaction that they are using information on firearms purchase forms for purposes other than for that it is intended.

I spoke to Ray directly and expressed by dissatisfaction with this practice.

"We get 200 emails a day. It's just easier this way."

"Well, Ray, if you can't respond to emails, then perhaps you shouldn't use email."

This is Ray Jr from Tanners. This is my first post on this forum. I have been following it for years and learn some great information from everyone. I remember this conversation from a few weeks. I received an email that night inquiring about some prices on a few guns. The next morning I had one of my sales staff call our suppliers to find out some pricing and availability. My salesman found out prices on at least 10 different versions of the model gun that the customer was looking for. Some versions were in stock and some where not. I knew the customer bought a gun from us a week before so I knew his telephone number was in our computer. I thought it would be easier if we called him to go over all of the information. Sometimes it is easier to call someone than go back and forth with email. I do receive over 200 emails a day from local and Gunbroker customers. Email is fine but I would rather talk to someone on the phone especially when you are going over 10 different items with all different prices. I did not realize that your phone number was unlisted and that you did not want to receive any phone calls. This was a honest mistake by us and I apologize. I thought we were doing the right thing by getting back to you so quickly. Again I apologize and hope you will give us another chance for your business.

Hey Ray you can call me next you have special going on like the M&P .357's or the CX4's, MSAR's, 6920's, I won't get mad. In fact if you have mailing list or calling list put me on it.
    Btw welcome to the board.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast