Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Tanners in Bucks Co.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
    Their FB page is still visible for me
    https://www.facebook.com/TannersSportCenter/
    I just clicked on that kink and it said the page is not available.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I just clicked on that kink and it said the page is not available.
    You have to be logged into Facebook with an adult aged profile to see Firearm business related pages now, iirc. We're you logged into fb when you clicked?

(Philadelphia County)

Lol no....shows what I know about FB.That could have been the other guy's problem as well.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
    You have to be logged into Facebook with an adult aged profile to see Firearm business related pages now, iirc. We're you logged into fb when you clicked?

Not all, only the ones negatively affected by the anti policy (like Tanner's) which is the reason why I wrote post #667.

I don't have Facebook and now don't have access to Tanner's specials, which frankly, has pushed me even further into online purchasing. I like Tanner's, a lot, but by default I'm done with them until they find an alternative means of putting their sales out to everyone, not just the Facebook crowd.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AKaholic View Post
    Not all, only the ones negatively affected by the anti policy (like Tanner's) which is the reason why I wrote post #667.

I don't have Facebook and now don't have access to Tanner's specials, which frankly, has pushed me even further into online purchasing. I like Tanner's, a lot, but by default I'm done with them until they find an alternative means of putting their sales out to everyone, not just the Facebook crowd.
    I don't have a facebook account for the same reason most people here don't. I would look at Tanners and Surplus City's page once twice a week to see specials. For now Surplus City is still visible without a FB account but I miss seeing the Tanners specials, just not enough to support FB so I'll just track Surplus City in the meantime. I'll gladly still shop at Tanners, but will probably end up there less frequently since it's a bit far to just stop in to see what's going on.

(Delaware County)

I understand your point. Being his special pricing applies to certain firearms and accessories coming in limited quantities, the owner apparently believes that a good business model is to advertise to his facebook followers relative to his special offerings. Online wholesalers generally have the same good prices on the same firearms for a much longer time than Tanners due to a larger inventory. Even so, by calling or stopping in to inquire about any special pricing, wouldn't such customer get the same opportunity to purchase as his facebook followers? Just asking, I really do not know.

(Montgomery County)

^^^

I'm quite sure they'd tell you any specials going on over the phone or by stopping in. That's exactly what happened last Monday when I called and asked about something very specific and ended up driving over to make a purchase.

I mentioned this specific thread to the employee (I believe his name is Rob, nice guy) and truly hope Ray stops by to see this thread and chooses to steer away from putting all his eggs in one basket (Facebook). It certainly hasn't kept me from buying from them, but it has kept me from being as likely to make a purchase as I can't just browse their page while bored.

(Montgomery County)

Went to tanners today to look at some micro carry options. I had a ruger lc9s and a ruger lcp custom in my hand and could not make up my mind. The salesman was more than helpful and talked me into the lcp custom due to my budget and the fact that they had a used one for a lot less. I love that tanners salesmen will take the time to talk to you about the gun and do not pressure you into buying a higher priced fun just because it will make them look good. I will keep coming back to tanners as long as I am in the area.

(Chester County)

I'm also in the camp that won't join facebook to see their specials. And I have impulse purchased from them in the past because of those posts.

(Montgomery County)

^^^

I'm quite sure they'd tell you any specials going on over the phone or by stopping in. That's exactly what happened last Monday when I called and asked about something very specific and ended up driving over to make a purchase.

I mentioned this specific thread to the employee (I believe his name is Rob, nice guy) and truly hope Ray stops by to see this thread and chooses to steer away from putting all his eggs in one basket (Facebook). It certainly hasn't kept me from buying from them, but it has kept me from being as likely to make a purchase as I can't just browse their page while bored.
    I guarantee you that if you send Tanners an email asking (weekly, monthly, whatever), they will email you the current specials. It would just be a copy and paste for them.

Or of course over the phone, but that's probably a bit more difficult for all parties.

Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast