Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Tanners in Bucks Co.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Bought my buckmark there today. Love Tanner's
    And didn't go around the corner to say hi to me and shoot it too?
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i think your complaint is incredibly petty in my opinion. if you don't want anyone calling you you should never give your number out or make it clear you don't want your number used for any reason. i could see being upset if your info was provided to a 3rd party and they called you but for you to be upset over tanners calling you after you made a inquiry in reference to a firearm is ridicules.
    I agree! Yentl, perhaps you should not have a phone if you can't use it as well.

(Bucks County)

And didn't go around the corner to say hi to me and shoot it too?
    Well, we went to classic to shoot. I read the manual and it said to clean it first. My buddy shot his gun we left. When the weather gets a little warmer we'll be there. I may even show up on Saturday mornings to shoot some trap with the Italian guy.

Never had a problem at tanners, bought 2 guns there, had scopes mounted, great bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    Email is fine but I would rather talk to someone on the phone especially when you are going over 10 different items with all different prices.
    Thanks and welcome, Ray, Jr. I'm glad to see your reply.

Personally, when I send an email inquiry, it's because I would prefer an email response. It's not a huge deal, but there are times when I know I won't be able to answer a call during busines hours. If Tanner's would rather talk on the phone, and they say so on their website and auction listings, I'll happily cooperate. It's still going to be my favorite store, either way.

I wonder, though... there's no legal requirement to have a phone in order to purchase a firearm, is there? What happens if a purchaser simply leaves the phone number blank on the form?

(Monroe County)

I did a gun swap there about 2 weeks ago, they treated us very well and I highly recommend them. If the guy was pissed off becouse they tried to be kind to him TUFF S--T.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Thanks and welcome, Ray, Jr. I'm glad to see your reply.

Personally, when I send an email inquiry, it's because I would prefer an email response. It's not a huge deal, but there are times when I know I won't be able to answer a call during busines hours. If Tanner's would rather talk on the phone, and they say so on their website and auction listings, I'll happily cooperate. It's still going to be my favorite store, either way.

I wonder, though... there's no legal requirement to have a phone in order to purchase a firearm, is there? What happens if a purchaser simply leaves the phone number blank on the form?
    there is no legal requirement to provide a phone number when purchasing a firearm but stores usually ask for it just in case they have to contact you for some reason or another at a later date. for instance i purchased a firearm from surplus city and made a mistake on the 4473 so surplus city called me and asked that i come in to make the correction.

whenever someone asks for and you provide your phone number you're giving implied consent that's its OK for them to call you. anyone who doesn't want to receive a phone call should decline to provide their phone number whenever asked. whenever i go to the store to buy something and the clerk asks for a address, phone number, zip code etc i never provide it because i don't want that business having any of my personal information.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    This is Ray Jr from Tanners. This is my first post on this forum. I have been following it for years and learn some great information from everyone. I remember this conversation from a few weeks. I received an email that night inquiring about some prices on a few guns. The next morning I had one of my sales staff call our suppliers to find out some pricing and availability. My salesman found out prices on at least 10 different versions of the model gun that the customer was looking for. Some versions were in stock and some where not. I knew the customer bought a gun from us a week before so I knew his telephone number was in our computer. I thought it would be easier if we called him to go over all of the information. Sometimes it is easier to call someone than go back and forth with email. I do receive over 200 emails a day from local and Gunbroker customers. Email is fine but I would rather talk to someone on the phone especially when you are going over 10 different items with all different prices. I did not realize that your phone number was unlisted and that you did not want to receive any phone calls. This was a honest mistake by us and I apologize. I thought we were doing the right thing by getting back to you so quickly. Again I apologize and hope you will give us another chance for your business.
    +1 for Tanners, Ray Jr, Ray Sr and all the other staff members.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend their shop and their GunBroker Auctions to anyone, especially a first time customer.

Thanks for responding Ray!

http://www.tannerssportcenter.com/

TANNER'S SPORT CENTER
    2301 YORK ROAD PO Box 373 JAMISON, PA 18929
    Phone 215.343.3103

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sel...px?User=250902

(Delaware County)

Never been to Tanners, but it is refreshing to read about pleasant experiences inside gun stores relative to the actions of the owner. The attitudes of many gun store owners are less than positive.
    Hate to sound like an old timer, but I am. That said, many years ago the vast majority of gun stores were all much like the description the posters give to Tanners. Now it is so rare, that people sit up and take notice of what has become too uncommon.

(Bucks County)

Can't say enough things about Tanners. They are only a couple miles from my home so I consider them neighbors. The staff there is knowledgeable and great to talk to. Usually stop be weekly just to see what they've got new in stock and to chat.

(Bucks County)

Tanners has a great crew working for them and Ray/Ray Jr. couldn't be more accomidating.

I've made at least a half dozen purchases since the beginning of the year and have never had a problem and their prices are by far some of the best around.

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast