Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Question Leupold Lens Covers

Has anyone had any experience with the Leupold aluminium flip up lens caps? I'm thinking about buying a set, but before I spend close to 80 bucks, I'd like to know if anyone who owns them has any good or bad feedback. Thanks!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Leupold Lens Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Thor444 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the Leupold aluminium flip up lens caps? I'm thinking about buying a set, but before I spend close to 80 bucks, I'd like to know if anyone who owns them has any good or bad feedback. Thanks!
    I have a set, they work as advertised, are they better than $10 butler Creek plastic caps? Thats for you to decide, I wanted them for a build I was working on and had no other cut corners, so I figured why not. YMMV
    Last edited by Hawkeye54; May 5th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye54 View Post
    I have a set, they work as advertized, are the better than $10 butler Creek plastic caps? Thats for you to decide, I wanted them for a build I was working on and had no other cut corners, so I figured why not. YMMV
    I thought about the alum covers for a while, but decided to go with Butler Creek. BC are flimsy, but they do the job well. I don't intend on abusing my scopes and for my average range use, they serve the purpose perfectly. Another reason I went with BC is that I hate the fact that these companies charge you so much for a scope, but skimp out on protecting the glass. Lens covers should come standard.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

My Butler Creek covers have been on my two Leupolds for over 15 years. If they break, I'll get more Butler Creeks.
    Last edited by IronButt; May 6th, 2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Centre County)

I like BC covers but have recently considered the leupold aluminum cover for the objective lense after busting a BC cover off at the most inopportune time.

The aluminum cover is supposed to flip all the way back and out of the way. So I think I'll try one out and see how it works. I'm pretty rough on the rifle so I'm wondering if the give and break of the BC would be better. Hoping the aluminum would snap off before bending/breaking/striping the objective.

I guess we'll see.