Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact

I currently have a Ruger SR9C and I just don't care for the trigger on it. Looking at the Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact, anyone have experience with it?? The ergonomics look similar to the Walther P22 which fits my hand perfectly. thoughts????

Default Re: Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact

I have shot and helped people sight in a plethora of these handguns. I think the ergonomics on them are excellent and the trigger, though not exactly competition ready, is not bad out of the box. I don't think the trigger on the Ruger is bad either, it is just different. I hated the triggers on my 24/7 OSS DS 9mm's out of the box because they are heavier than the 24/7 Pro 9mm's that I use. The Pro Compact feels like the standard Pro with a decent take up and and good, crisp release. I use these pistols for speed shooting and they are pretty darn good for out of fthe box. JMHO.

(Lackawanna County)

I dont care what anyone says about taurus. I think they are just awful! Just keep saving money and buy a gun you can trust anything but taurus. Id rather a Smith and Wesson Sigma over any taurus

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Daddy View Post
    I dont care what anyone says about taurus. I think they are just awful! Just keep saving money and buy a gun you can trust anything but taurus. Id rather a Smith and Wesson Sigma over any taurus
    not true, they have gotten better. i have seen some that shoot thousands of rounds without a glitch, and some that cant shoot 5 rounds without jamming. if you get a good one, your fine...if you get a bad one...well your gonna send it back a few times to get it right. i have seen more good that bad. just like ruger semi's...i had a really bad one, but i see others that have trouble free ones. lol, dont knock the sigmas...everyone i have shot ate up any shitty bullet i put through it....for the money, you cant beat them.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetasalemon View Post
    I currently have a Ruger SR9C and I just don't care for the trigger on it. Looking at the Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact, anyone have experience with it?? The ergonomics look similar to the Walther P22 which fits my hand perfectly. thoughts????
    I'm just curious since I am rather new to guns, but what is it about the sr9c trigger that you do not like? I have one and an xdm and i actually like the trigger better on the sr9c than my xdm.

maybe this place can help you with the sr9c trigger if you want to try and work with the sr platform. http://www.gallowayprecision.com/

(Allegheny County)

the trigger on it just seems heavy to me. it probably still needs broken in more but could be becuase it's DAO. I have decided that I will keep the Ruger at least a few hundred more rounds then decide what to do. now on the hunt for a .22

my 24/7pro has a mushy trigger. with the striker cocked, there is alot of mushy take up, then spongy resistance, then gun fires without alot of over travel, but the reset is long and again mushy take up. Now i haven't fired his gun for a few months so i'm just going off memory. I personally think it has the worst trigger of any gun i've shot. other taurus ive shot 709, 809, pt25, and pt1911 and my 24/7pro has the worst trigger feel.

That one of the downsides of the 24/7 the trigger isn't crisp. The 2nd or 3rd Gen 24/7 guns have a safe trigger setup like the Glock, if its crisp it should be a great improvement for the 24/7. I don't like the way my 24/7 breaks down simple but too many checks you have to remember, the new models break down like the glock another improvement I missed on.

I haven't seen them in the Gun case yet, I may have to buy another in 9mm my present 24./7 is a long slide 40 cal, nice gun.
    Last edited by Neko456; March 23rd, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

I have owned a 24/7 in .45 auto for a year now. The weapon will not consistently feed. I would not recommend purchasing one. It was my first, and last Taurus that I will ever own. I am getting rid of it next week... hope it helps.