Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Open carry in a bank?

Okay so Im just curious what would happen if you open carry into a bank? First off I would like to say that I would NEVER do this but Im just curious to see if others have and what has happened.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Open carry in a bank?

They say "Hello, Mr. Crimson, how are you today?"

Each bank has it's own policy but there is no federal or state law addressing it. National Penn and all of it's subsidiaries (Keystone Nazareth Bank and Trust-KNBT, Nittany Bank, and HomeTowne Heritage Bank) are fine with it. If you have a problem in one of those banks ask them to contact Doug Reitnour-Head of Security.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/602...t-i-didnt.html
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Allegheny County)

So far nothing has happened different then when I CC in the bank. Why wouldn't YOU do this?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Perry County)

A friend of mine who CCs all the time OC'd in his bank once. He was on his way home from the range and it was too warm for his jacket so he had it off. Not thinking about that he stopped at the bank for some cash. He walked in did his transaction and left. The only reaction he got was from his teller who looked at the gun, looked at him and raised her eyes. He looked down saw the pistol and smiled. He remembers to keep it covered now just in case she's not working.
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

It might raise some concern, but there shouldn't be an issue. A few banks in my area have metal detectors at the doors where you have to get cleared before the second door unlocks. Just be curious of this to avoid a potential hassle!

I CC every day, and have been inside banks many times. Never OC'ed in a bank, but as long as you're not kicking open the door at low ready you should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    They say "Hello, Mr. Crimson, how are you today?"
    This has never happened when I have open carried into a number of banks. They say "Hello Mr. Plinker".

I frequent a couple of different branches of our own bank, and have been in a couple of other banks. I have gotten a couple of raised eyebrows, but in the one case it was because I had the bad luck to walk in right behind the armored car guys. The manager was sweating up a storm until he realized I just wanted to hand him some money. In another they were a little nervous until they discovered I was friends with one of the tellers and was stopping to say hello. But in all cases, no one has said a thing, customers, employees, or anyone else.

(Lehigh County)

I have OC'd in my Bank of America branch plenty of times. I never had an issue, except the teller was flirting with me. I like to think it was due to my rugged good looks, but most of my friends believe it was the 1911 on my hip...
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Northampton County)

I did it on a weekly basis for about a year and a half. At three different bank branches. Never had any problems.

Nowadays I use the drivethrough. But if the drivethrough is crowded or I decide to go inside, it's still OC unless I'm wearing a coat.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    So far nothing has happened different then when I CC in the bank. Why wouldn't YOU do this?
    I would cc in a bank but probably not oc. Well the reason is if people see you carrying in a bank it might scare them alot more then if they saw u carrying in a different place. When I carry I dont want to scare anybody so thats why in certain situations such as in a bank I would cc.

Personally I wouldn't want to have to deal with any hassle from it. I'd just as soon CC. But I suppose if there was a way to go about it so as not to alarm suspicion it would be to carry into a branch you are familiar with. If the tellers and staff know you its a lot less likely that they would freak out. Walking in to a branch you've never been to before would probably have a higher likelyhood of scaring tellers, but its still legal so far as I know.

Edit** A lot would have to do with the area you live in. If you live in a more rural area where its common for people to OC, then you being an unknown customer would probably be a lot less of an issue, if it was going to be one at all. But if you OC in a city branch (where its not common place to see people OCing), I imagine the result would be different.
    Last edited by NoMoreOp4; March 22nd, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast