Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looked at a 19 shot XDm 9mm full size....

Looked at a 19 shot XDm 9mm full size, nice gun, I like every thing about it. Looks like a dressed up Glock or a Polymer 1911. It has all the features I like. I am surprises we don't hear more about it, when Glock was one of the few 9mms shooting 17 rounds all you heard was that. Whats wrong with Springfield marketing/advertising execs?

I really started to buy it because of the Gun and the package that comes with it. The only things that stop me was the logic that I'd have to buy more magazines for it. Advantage 1911 all mags fit any single stack 1911 you buy.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Looked at a 19 shot XDm 9mm full size....

I've been itching to take a look at one of these myself. There was a thread on this board a couple weeks back about building a USPSA Open gun on one of these. I think that would be super cool, and I like different. Maybe build up a dual use USPSA/Open and IDPA/ESP gun with two top ends, or just a flush mount dot. Interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Looked at a 19 shot XDm 9mm full size, nice gun, I like every thing about it. Looks like a dressed up Glock or a Polymer 1911. It has all the features I like. I am surprises we don't hear more about it, when Glock was one of the few 9mms shooting 17 rounds all you heard was that. Whats wrong with Springfield marketing/advertising execs?

I really started to buy it because of the Gun and the package that comes with it. The only things that stop me was the logic that I'd have to buy more magazines for it. Advantage 1911 all mags fit any single stack 1911 you buy.

(Montgomery County)

It has all the features I like. I am surprises we don't hear more about it, when Glock was one of the few 9mms shooting 17 rounds all you heard was that. Whats wrong with Springfield marketing/advertising execs?
    My experience has been that virtually every issue of every gun rag in existence has had at least one full page XDm advertisement somewhere within its pages, ever since the XDm hit shelves.

Add to that Springfield's use of words like "XDm 19 round Mega-zine," "XD Gear tactical holster and mag pouch," and other marketing moves, and I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

Seriously, every XDm 9mm advertisement that I have seen includes, in huge red bold font, "19+1."

I think Springfield has done a good job marketing the main selling point of the XDm series, personally...

OMO of course...

Regards,

Bones

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    My experience has been that virtually every issue of every gun rag in existence has had at least one full page XDm advertisement somewhere within its pages, ever since the XDm hit shelves.

Add to that Springfield's use of words like "XDm 19 round Mega-zine," "XD Gear tactical holster and mag pouch," and other marketing moves, and I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

Seriously, every XDm 9mm advertisement that I have seen includes, in huge red bold font, "19+1."

I think Springfield has done a good job marketing the main selling point of the XDm series, personally...
    +1, I've seen the same thing everywhere.

I used to carry a full size XDm 9, great gun.

As far as considering 1911 mags being relatively universal I wouldn't really consider that an advantage(if any, it's just economic), nor would it make me reconsider buying a non-1911 gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Butler County)

I have the 9mm XDM 3.8 (great gun). As far as mags it comes with 2 (39 rds total). My feeling is if I need more than 39 rds to stop a threat the problem isn't needing more mags/ammo.

As far as advertising I saw many ads before it was even available.

(Montgomery County)

This is not logic, it is an excuse or some other kind of trick you are playing on yourself. For example, how much spare ammo do you carry when you carry a 1911? one or two magazines? If you carry the XDM and one spare magazine you would have about twice as much ammunition.

Xd's are advertised everywhere guns are advertised and they are just about in every gun shop I have walked into in the last few years.

Go shoot one before you buy. Find a range that rents them and have at it. I have also noticed quite a number of them on the used market for well below retailer new MSRP. If I were to buy one, it would be "used."
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    This is not logic, it is an excuse or some other kind of trick you are playing on yourself. For example, how much spare ammo do you carry when you carry a 1911? one or two magazines? If you carry the XDM and one spare magazine you would have about twice as much ammunition.

Xd's are advertised everywhere guns are advertised and they are just about in every gun shop I have walked into in the last few years.

Go shoot one before you buy. Find a range that rents them and have at it. I have also noticed quite a number of them on the used market for well below retailer new MSRP. If I were to buy one, it would be "used."
    Good points and something of significance to note is that the XDm's do not have a good resale value for some reason or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

I love the new XDM 3.8 compact 9mm. 13+1 in the gun(short mag) and I carry the 19 rd spare mag. Mags are kind of expensive but I picked this up when they had three free mag promo.

(Erie County)

bought one when they first came out and i love it, still one of my favorite plastic pistols. have had zero issues and pretty much love everything about it. as soon as they release an xdm 3.8 compact 45acp, i will definitely be picking up another one. (fingers crossed that they actually do it)