Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Glad I don't live in IL

A friend of mine is getting married soon. He lives a little bit outside of Chicago and the thought of traveling there without my gun was...well...less than ideal. So, I look up the reciprocity in IL and find ou they don't honor anybody elses permit. So, I do a little more digging and find THEY DON'T ALLOW CONCEALED CARRY AT ALL!!!

Holy crap! That makes me glad I live in PA. Really makes me thankful that I have my LTCF and am able to carry to defend my family and myself.
    "Life does not stop and start at your convenience."

Default Re: Glad I don't live in IL

So, will you be attending the wedding or telling your friend he has to get married in a more gun-friendly state if he wants you there?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    So, will you be attending the wedding or telling your friend he has to get married in a more gun-friendly state if he wants you there?
    Being as the date and location are already set, I guess I'll be conforming to his state's gun laws.

But, I did make sure to tell him how much better PA is in all things gun related. I even told him about being allowed to open carry. Now he's super jealous.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by springfield24 View Post
    A friend of mine is getting married soon. He lives a little bit outside of Chicago and the thought of traveling there without my gun was...well...less than ideal. So, I look up the reciprocity in IL and find ou they don't honor anybody elses permit. So, I do a little more digging and find THEY DON'T ALLOW CONCEALED CARRY AT ALL!!!

Holy crap! That makes me glad I live in PA. Really makes me thankful that I have my LTCF and am able to carry to defend my family and myself.
    IL not allowing any form of carrying is really old news. lol I've known since I was a kid(in the 1970's) that IL had no carrying provisions.

I've said before that if the state in question is HI, NY, NJ, MD, or IL - the answer is NO for just about all gun related questions.

There are other strict states too, but they do have some form of carry or licensing to get around. MA, RI, and CT have non-resident permits. DE has reciprocity. CA and WI have unlicensed open carry. The rest have some sort of permit/license, reciprocity, or open carry methods.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I was born in Chicago.

If that's your ONLY reason for not wanting to live in Illinois, you don't know much about Illinois.

It's like citing the lack of good cheese steaks as THE reason not to live in North Korea.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Not to be a total dick but ummm, if you just now found out Illinios doesn't even allow CC, where the hell have you been as a gun owner to not know this? You do know that Wisconsin is the same, NO CC License?

CL

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I was born in Chicago.

If that's your ONLY reason for not wanting to live in Illinois, you don't know much about Illinois.

It's like citing the lack of good cheese steaks as THE reason not to live in North Korea.
    Let me put it to ya this way, I refuse to live anywhere where you are not a free man. I drive hundreds of miles out of the way so I don't have to drive through Illinios with my loaded firearms. My safety far outweighs some retarded, dumbass, political hack state like Illinios. I vote with my money and I'd rather spend extra to go around than go through!

There ain't a damn thing in Illinios or Chicago for that matter that appeals to me in any way. The whole damn state could spontaneously combust and I wouldn't give two shits because those retarded citizens have allowed their RIGHTS to be denied or so heavily restricted, its not a right!!!

CL

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Let me put it to ya this way, I refuse to live anywhere where you are not a free man.
    And THAT is the reason not to live in Illinois. The statutory duty to be a victim of violent crime when outside of your home (or inside, until recently in Chicago) is just a symptom of a fundamental corruption at the heart of Illinois "culture" and "society". In Illinois, there ARE no "rights". Just privileges for sale to the highest bidder.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Let me put it to ya this way, I refuse to live anywhere where you are not a free man. I drive hundreds of miles out of the way so I don't have to drive through Illinios with my loaded firearms. My safety far outweighs some retarded, dumbass, political hack state like Illinios. I vote with my money and I'd rather spend extra to go around than go through!

There ain't a damn thing in Illinios or Chicago for that matter that appeals to me in any way. The whole damn state could spontaneously combust and I wouldn't give two shits because those retarded citizens have allowed their RIGHTS to be denied or so heavily restricted, its not a right!!!

CL
    ^^^ haha, nice

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah, I know that I should be more aware of things like this. But it's only recently that I've become a serious member of the Armed Civilian society. Prior to this I was in the Army, and they are so strict on gun ownership that I never bothered purchasing a firearm or obtaining a concealed carry permit. Yes, I was aware that some states do not allow CCW, but I did not specifcally know which ones because I never encountered them in my travel plans.

Also, not being able to get a good cheese steak is personally my main reason for not wanting to live in North Korea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast