Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone belong to Green Hills Sportman's Club?

I just joined Green Hills this morning and was curious if anyone on this forum was a member there....seems like a decent club. Reason I joined was because my club (Elverson) is not going to be putting in a 300 yard range, so I wanted to join a club that had at least a 300 yard range. I didn't want to have to drive nearly an hour such as New Holland or Atglen. Not to mention those other two clubs cost more and they always seem to have some sort of event.

I wanted to join a club that I could actually shoot at when I wanted to go shooting. Green Hills was pretty reasonable at $35 the first year and $25 after the first year.

I live in Pottstown and it took a little over 30 minutes to get there. If anyone is a member there...shoot me a PM and perhaps we can meet up there sometime.
    http://greenhillssportsmensclub.tripod.com/id4.html

Default Re: Anyone belong to Green Hills Sportman's Club?

Guess no one on the forum is a member at this range...I went to the range today and met two other members of the club...I like the range a lot since it's flat...not like walking up that hill to get to the target stands at Birdsboro.

I could see the mirage at 100 yards and the 300 yard range was bad as well...I had to crank down the magnification to 12x and shot at the 300.

I just joined this morning. Didn't have time to shoot today, but it looks like a good range and is close to home. Might actually be a few weeks till I can get out there unless I go after work, but I'm looking forward. Since it's so close to home, I hope to be there often.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

How do you got about joining ? I am a member at Oley and Masa but really need to practice shooting out past 100.
    Tantric Shooting Team

Check out the web page posted by the OP. See when the next club meeting will be and go to that. There are no sponsorships needed and no waiting time. They will sign you up on the spot. Just need $35 cash or check. You can use the range the same day. I asked if my GF could just send a check to them if she wants to sign up. The guy said that they prefer for people to come to the meetings. I'm assuming that's just to weed out any gangsta's that might try to join.

I got stuck out of town the night before due to the storm. Was told I wasn't allowed to leave due to storm conditions and wound up spending the night where I was at. Didn't get back in and to the club until about 2 minutes after the meeting started. Not wanting to barge in, I just waited until it was done, then headed in. They were understanding and got me signed up anyway. It seems like a friendly place that's pretty laid back.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    How do you got about joining ? I am a member at Oley and Masa but really need to practice shooting out past 100.
    Jay, discuss with Art @ SCO.

I like the range there, but on a not so hot/humid day, you can see the mirage easily without using an optic.

I heard from an old timer that if you want to shoot at the 300 yard range to wait til after 3PMish so the mirage won't be as bad. I ended up shooting the 300 yard range with mirage and did pretty well.