Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fayette County renewal...very easy.

Went in today for LTCF renewal. Had app already filled out. The female clerk took the app, called PICS, typed up paper LTCF. Asked if I wanted it reduced and laminated. I did. Total time in office 15 minutes. Cost $29.00 for original paper + reduced laminated one. If you want the paper one only, cost is $25.00.

She asked me no questions at all, except about lamination, and was quick and efficient. They do not have the photo-taking equipment yet in Fayette Co., so no photo is required.

Excellent experience. Sheriff is Gary D. Brownfield, Sr., retired PSP.

Good for another 5!
    Last edited by HiredGoon; December 14th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fayette County renewal...very easy.

Ahhhhh.....the good old days of living in Fayette-nam. That makes me miss it.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

Used to be that way here too.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Fayette County)

I've been praising Fayette County too. I had mine in a week through the mail and that counted getting it to sign and then mailed back to be laminated. I got a picture on mine, but I sent two in so I could.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
    I got a picture on mine, but I sent two in so I could.
    Interesting...on a renewal, they don't even ask for a photo since they already had mine on file from 5 years ago when I first applied. At that time they asked for two copies of the photo, but did not include one on the LTCF. I guess they kept one at sheriff's office and other went to PSP with copy of LTCF(?)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    Ha ha..on that Fayette-nam reference. I don't hear it much...but have heard it before. In fact the Uniontown PSP station had a neat T-shirt made up that included that phrase!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    Here I thought my group of friends and I were the only ones to call it Fayette-nam. I too remember my days and nights on the trail. Oddly I work with a man who was born in Vietnam, and escaped communism to come live here in the land of opportunity. Too bad he ended up in SW PA. Poor place to escape communists and tyrants.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Went in today for LTCF renewal. Had app already filled out. The female clerk took the app, called PICS, typed up paper LTCF. Asked if I wanted it reduced and laminated. I did. Total time in office 15 minutes. Cost $29.00 for original paper + reduced laminated one. If you want the paper one only, cost is $25.00.

She asked me no questions at all, except about lamination, and was quick and efficient. They do not have the photo-taking equipment yet in Fayette Co., so no photo is required.

Excellent experience. Sheriff is Gary D. Brownfield, Sr., retired PSP.

Good for another 5!
    I'm gladd you had a good experience with the Sheriff. I didn't. I went to the courthouse to buy extra doe licenses this year. I called ahead to ascertain how they would preffer me accessing the legally required lockers for firearms. One of the employees of the Sheriff's office told me they didn't have any. When I arrived I found that wasn't true, so I checked in on the Sheriff's Office for the real story. I ended up speaking to the Sheriff who was of the opinion that he "makes the rules for who carries firearms and where they carry them" in Fayette County. I wasn't terribly impressed with his absolute disregard of the law, not only the requirement to provide lockers, but of the statewide non-premption law, and the idea that legislators create legislation and not sheriff's. As a note on that situation, I do believe that the signs indicating firearms are not allowed do not follow the requirements of the law, which I believe states that non-compliance with the minimum standard for notice is a positive defense. However, it seems that the law is whatever the sheriff says it is in Fayette-nam.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared McLaughlin View Post
    As a note on that situation, I do believe that the signs indicating firearms are not allowed do not follow the requirements of the law, which I believe states that non-compliance with the minimum standard for notice is a positive defense. However, it seems that the law is whatever the sheriff says it is in Fayette-nam.
    Signs don't have any legal standing in Pa. Ignore them.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Signs don't have any legal standing in Pa. Ignore them.
    Signs on Courthouses do. Note Section 913 of Title 18 of the PA Consolidated Statutes. Pay close mind to subsection (a) and (d). Subsection (e) also notes with regard to lockers for securing firearms that "Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d)."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast