Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC & MWAG calls

Default OC & MWAG calls

So your at your get together dinner or walking through which ever store you regularly use and OC at. Maybe the local convenience store or coffee shop. Possibly walking in Phillies finest parks. You've been around for a few minutes or more like 15 -30 minutes and your local LEO shows up. Why do they feel the need to pull guns, remove your firearm? How long has it been since the call for mwag was made? How long is response time? You commit any crimes or treasonous acts to give them a reason to harass ? I would have to say the time frame alone makes this a non issue if your still hanging around. When is the last time a criminal hung out with his firearm, openly carried, waiting to commit an act of crime?
    It just seems the myths and ghost stories have all the locals running scared of the OC boogie man of years past.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: OC & MWAG calls

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    So your at your get together dinner or walking through which ever store you regularly use and OC at. Maybe the local convenience store or coffee shop. Possibly walking in Phillies finest parks. You've been around for a few minutes or more like 15 -30 minutes and your local LEO shows up. Why do they feel the need to pull guns, remove your firearm? How long has it been since the call for mwag was made? How long is response time? You commit any crimes or treasonous acts to give them a reason to harass ? I would have to say the time frame alone makes this a non issue if your still hanging around. When is the last time a criminal hung out with his firearm, openly carried, waiting to commit an act of crime?
    It just seems the myths and ghost stories have all the locals running scared of the OC boogie man of years past.
    Which is one of the miriad of reasons I open carry when possible and practical. I want to project an appearance of "wow - normal people DO carry guns!" That's my goal at least.

I hear you man, it doesn't make any sense. The problem is, you're trying to apply logic and reason to your understanding of police actions and activities. You're going to give yourself a headache.

(Carbon County)

i think what everyone forgets is that 95% of the population has no idea that oc is legal and they get nervous when they see a gun. i wouldnt take it personal, its just ignorance

(Centre County)

Police are constantly dealing with the all-seeing all-dancing crap of the world. This leads some to believe that everyone is waiting to do something illegal, thus a MWAG call is essentially a robbery-in-progress. I'd call it a hint that the department needs to think about biannual psych evals.

Then there's the folks that think that carrying a gun is illegal. That's just those who didn't pay attention during MPOETC.

Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    Which is one of the miriad of reasons I open carry when possible and practical. I want to project an appearance of "wow - normal people DO carry guns!" That's my goal at least.
    Ditto. I tend to be more polite than usual while OC'ing for just that reason. Opening a door, letting someone with only one item go ahead of you in line, etc. may not be a memorable thing, but I could certainly imagine someone thinking "That guy with the gun sure was nice to let me go ahead of him"

Rep inbound..
    "Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional.”

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Ditto. I tend to be more polite than usual while OC'ing for just that reason. Opening a door, letting someone with only one item go ahead of you in line, etc. may not be a memorable thing, but I could certainly imagine someone thinking "That guy with the gun sure was nice to let me go ahead of him"

Rep inbound..
    unless theyre thinking... oh my god hes gona rob the place and wants me out of the store faster :O!!!!!!

:P
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    Why do they feel the need to pull guns, remove your firearm?
    The police HAVE created an US vs THEM environment... it's THEM against everyone else (the peons). This observation is painting with a very broad brush, but not inappropriately so. There are _some_ (few) police officers who do not think they are above the citizenry or above the law.... but they are the minority now...

Having an attitude of superiority, the police perceive open carry as a challenge to that superiority and authority. The police are to be the ONLY ones to openly carry a firearm. It demonstrates their AUTHORITY.

Now, they do grudgingly agree (that pesky 2nd Amendment thing) to allow the citizenry to conceal their firearms, because out-of-sight is out-of-mind for most of the sheeple. Hidden firearms are not a challenge to the police authority/superiority because it's like (to the sheeple) those firearms simply don't exist. This maintains the superior status of the police in the eyes of the sheeple and makes herding, penning, and shearing that much easier for the established government.

OPEN CARRY _IS_ A CHALLENGE to the POLICE's perception that they are, by means of their job, superior to the rest of the citizenry - because they wish to keep for themselves alone, what they consider to be the privilege of bearing firearms, openly and in public.

(York County)

I just posted a thread of my first MWAG incident. It was a good one. Check it out if you want, it's titled "my first police encounter of this OC season... At denny's :-)"

It may give everyone a little faith in the police! lololol
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: OC & MWAG calls

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    I just posted a thread of my first MWAG incident. It was a good one.

It was a good one?

I beg to differ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast