Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default clubs in southern westmoreland

Are there any clubs in the southern part of the Co. that are accepting new members I know about East Huntington ,Just looking for a nice 200 yd range thats within a 30 min. or less drive for me(just south of Mt Pleasant)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: clubs in southern westmoreland

Punch in your address here: http://www.irwinsportsmen.com/directionstotheclub.html and I think it will give you driving directions AND time from where you are coming from to this Club.

Irwin Sportsmen's Association has a nice rifle range, 200 yards along with a silhouette shoot (click here for schedule: http://www.irwinsportsmen.com/silhouetteshootinfo.html ) and in the summer every other Thursday they alternate between an action pistol and a pin shoot.

Take a look at this one.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ault View Post
    Are there any clubs in the southern part of the Co. that are accepting new members I know about East Huntington ,Just looking for a nice 200 yd range thats within a 30 min. or less drive for me(just south of Mt Pleasant)
    If it was me I would join EH, which I did along time ago. 300 yards and you can shoot up to 50 BMG. $150 bond and $24/year.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Westmoreland County)

Have you ever heard of Bridgeport Sportsmans Club? It is pretty close to the Mount Pleasant area. I heard they just did a makeover on at least the pistol range. I have never been there, but I know a couple members. I can easily find out more. I believe they have a fishing pond too.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Have you ever heard of Bridgeport Sportsmans Club? It is pretty close to the Mount Pleasant area. I heard they just did a makeover on at least the pistol range. I have never been there, but I know a couple members. I can easily find out more. I believe they have a fishing pond too.
    Yep its basicly right over the hill (or two) from me I didnt think they had a rifle range though If you could find out that would be great, Thanks.

(Westmoreland County)

Unless they moved their rifle range it is not functional. It was on the left side of Bridgeport Street where they are excavating the hillside. The shelter seems to be intact, but the rifle range is gone.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Westmoreland County)

I thought so ...

Anyone know about the Youngwood sportsmans club? any info about it? from their website looks like they have a rifle range at least. sent an email via their site havent heard anything back.

(Westmoreland County)

I thought so ...

Anyone know about the Youngwood sportsmans club? any info about it? from their website looks like they have a rifle range at least. sent an email via their site havent heard anything back.
    The guys who I know are members at Bridgeport are working different shifts than me, will find out ASAP and get back to ya.
    There is at least 1 guy who is a member at Youngwood on my shift, will ask him tomorrow.

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry, I still did not talk to any of the Bridgeport members yet.
    But I did talk to a guy who is a member at Youngwood. He said there are 6 rifle ranges at Youngwood. I asked him to clarify- did he mean 1 rifle range with 6 benches? He said no, there are 6 different rifle ranges there, in different locations on the property, plus 1 for muzzleloaders only.

He could not verify if any of them are 200 yards, but it sounds like some are. He said "They are pretty damn far target boards". Nice guy, but a little hard to comprehend.

This guy is mostly into the archery thing there, and small caliber pistols. So he will check his club info book, and ask his relatives who shoot rifles a lot there. Youngwood sounds like a pretty nice club. Not very far from Mt. Pleasant.

I hope this info is accurate, and helps a little.

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry, I still did not talk to any of the Bridgeport members yet.
    But I did talk to a guy who is a member at Youngwood. He said there are 6 rifle ranges at Youngwood. I asked him to clarify- did he mean 1 rifle range with 6 benches? He said no, there are 6 different rifle ranges there, in different locations on the property, plus 1 for muzzleloaders only.

He could not verify if any of them are 200 yards, but it sounds like some are. He said "They are pretty damn far target boards". Nice guy, but a little hard to comprehend.

This guy is mostly into the archery thing there, and small caliber pistols. So he will check his club info book, and ask his relatives who shoot rifles a lot there. Youngwood sounds like a pretty nice club. Not very far from Mt. Pleasant.

I hope this info is accurate, and helps a little.
    Yes thank you Sir, I just need to contact someone there and see what membership cost is, Yes it would be conveient for me as I travel thought that area on 119 to work and back daily.

Thanks,Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast