Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: clubs in southern westmoreland

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post

He could not verify if any of them are 200 yards, but it sounds like some are. He said "They are pretty damn far target boards". Nice guy, but a little hard to comprehend.
    Now listen....I'm not bustin your chops or anything....but when I read this I just started laughing because.....well...you know.....to those "archery guys" anything beyond 25 yards is "pretty damn far target boards."

That's just when you speak to the "purist" of archery types!!!

Dave

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    Now listen....I'm not bustin your chops or anything....but when I read this I just started laughing because.....well...you know.....to those "archery guys" anything beyond 25 yards is "pretty damn far target boards."

That's just when you speak to the "purist" of archery types!!!

Dave
    Thought I'd give an update, I went to the membership meeting to sign up at the Youngwood SC last night and walked around a bit before hand. Its a nice club from what I saw. It has two seperate rifle ranges one for SG and muzzleloader and another just for rifle lots of sturdy wood topped concrete benches and target stands at 25/50/100 and 200 yds nice and clean not alot of junk laying around. about 15 yds further is the pistol range. All are covered and rifle range is enclosed in the back. Theres also trap/skeet ect. and a stocked pond which will be great for the kids and they also stock the club grounds with pheasant. Joining cost me 50 for initial fee and 40 per year. I think I'll enjoy it being right on my route home from work and 15 minutes from home just what I was looking for.

Tim

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ault View Post
    Thought I'd give an update, I went to the membership meeting to sign up at the Youngwood SC last night and walked around a bit before hand. Its a nice club from what I saw. It has two seperate rifle ranges one for SG and muzzleloader and another just for rifle lots of sturdy wood topped concrete benches and target stands at 25/50/100 and 200 yds nice and clean not alot of junk laying around. about 15 yds further is the pistol range. All are covered and rifle range is enclosed in the back. Theres also trap/skeet ect. and a stocked pond which will be great for the kids and they also stock the club grounds with pheasant. Joining cost me 50 for initial fee and 40 per year. I think I'll enjoy it being right on my route home from work and 15 minutes from home just what I was looking for.

Tim
    Glad you found a near by club Tim! I hope you still come shoot with us at PMSC occasionally.
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Glad you found a near by club Tim! I hope you still come shoot with us at PMSC occasionally.
    Unless I'm dead or close to it I'll be at the monthly CMP shoots,I have too many years invested to just stop going!!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I'm looking for a rifle range near me. I live by the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds, there is a Greensburg Sportsmen's Club right down the road from me, but I can't find out anything about it. Does anyone know about it?
    Thank's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12