Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Long Lane Acres Sporting Arms of Ottsville

Al Santopietro and his son are my new favorite local gun people. Located on South Park/Ridge Rd just off of 611 in Ottsville. I have been going there to get pistol and rifle primers when everyone else was out last winter. He also has some pretty smokin' deals as well. They are both very helpful and very nice. If you want something they normally don't stock, they will do everything they can to get it for you or recommend where to go to get it. I bought a rifle off gun broker for a pretty good price. I won't redeploy back stateside for a few more months, Al is holding it there for me. He also got me a great deal on a Gen IV Glock 17. Can't say enough good things about them.
    http://www.longlaneacressportingarms.com/index.htm
    Last edited by animalmother85; December 22nd, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Bucks County)

Cool Re: Long Lane Acres Sporting Arms of Ottsville

Long Lane Acres Sporting Arms on Ridge Road, Ottsville, great selection and super customer service. Always anxious to help.

http://longlaneacressportingarms.com/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Long Lane Acres Sporting Arms of Ottsville

I have purchased every single firearm from these guys except for one. And if I would have known about them when I was looking for it, I would have bought it from there without a doubt. Best prices I have seen, and they know what they are talking about. I drive out of my way to go there, but have absolutely no regret of a purchase, or a visit there.

I just ordered a safe from the as well, it should be in this week, I'm over seas right now and they have been nothing but nice and helpful about doing business with me. They will always have my business.

(Bucks County)

Wow, very small world. I was in the store when Al was talking to someone about a (the?) safe. Let me also say thank you for serving. Its thanks to patriots like yourself, that we still have the rights we do, and able to have great shops like Long Lanes. Hopefully I will be heading there this weekend to see about a R700. Stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stnd4rd View Post
    Wow, very small world. I was in the store when Al was talking to someone about a (the?) safe. Let me also say thank you for serving. Its thanks to patriots like yourself, that we still have the rights we do, and able to have great shops like Long Lanes. Hopefully I will be heading there this weekend to see about a R700. Stay safe out there.
    ha! that was probably my father. I emailed back and forth with Al over two days and then told him I'd send my father up for a down payment. Funny you say Remington 700, I have one up there now waiting for me to return.

I appreciate your graciousness towards to career path. It's the support from back home that make it worth-while.

(Bucks County)

Very nice. Mind me asking what model? I am looking at a R700 SPS Tactical in .308 with the threaded barrel. I have been looking into the entire 700 line, but I am a huge fan of the 20" heavy barrel. If you happen to have any experience with the rifle, I would love some input on it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stnd4rd View Post
    Very nice. Mind me asking what model? I am looking at a R700 SPS Tactical in .308 with the threaded barrel. I have been looking into the entire 700 line, but I am a huge fan of the 20" heavy barrel. If you happen to have any experience with the rifle, I would love some input on it. Thanks in advance.
    the coincidence of this keeps making me laugh, it's a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .223. I don't have any experience with it yet. A friend of mine has a remington 700 PSS, essentially the same rifle with a 24" barrel and a better stock. I am putting a Jackson CG Two Stage trigger on mine, with a Bell and Carlson stock as soon as I bring it home. The reason behind the $330 trigger is because I already have it on something else and i can't adjust it enough to be able to disengage the safety(its on a Badger M2008 action). The stock swap because the hogue stock on there in only pillar bedded. I have a hogue stock on an FN Patrol bolt that is fully bedded, they cost about $210 if you like the feel of the rifle as is. My FN came with the "better" hogue stock. The reason I went with a .223 is, I already have a .308 and a .260AI, I wanted something a little tamer and cheaper to shoot. I plan on shooting this barrel out, then putting a real killer barrel on it, maybe something I turn out of a barrel blank myself.

(Bucks County)

Sounds like you have everything planned out, and a nice setup it will be. Was there today but still no 700. They are very hard to keep in stock from what I hear. I am thinking about getting a McMillan Stock for mine. Unfortunately rumor has it that putting a bi pod on no longer makes the barrel free floating as the stock then touches the barrel so the stock might be going ASAP. Not sure if it will make that big of a difference, but this has been a build I have wanted to do for some time now, and I am going to do it right. These coincidences just mean we have the same exceptional taste and timing. Although I am not so sure about that Glock. (No actual reason behind it i'm just an underdog kind of guy) Haha. Do you know what power scope you are looking at? Thanks for the info regarding the last post.

yeah, because the stock is only pillar bedded, the weight of the rifle on a bi-pod is supposed to make the barrel come into contact with the stock. That's why I am going to switch to a fully bedded stock. I bought my rifle off of gun broker. I'm going with a Millett TRS-1 4-16x50 with mil/mil adjustments. I'm no longer going with a glock, but rather a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast