Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did someone say winter flintlock season?

This will be my fourth flintlock season. It is rapidly becoming my favorite of the deer seasons. I didn't think anything would surpass archery, for me, but flintlock is running a close second. Can't wait. The deer will be calm again, no hunters, just me and my Hawkins.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Did someone say winter flintlock season?

amen to that.. I love to take my wife during the early muzzleloader season.. Nice and warm outside and the deer are calm.. I loved to bow hunt but blackpowder is now my favorite. I used to only rifle hunt. Which in my job , I could only get 2 or 3 days off for. Blackpowder gets me in the woods for almost 3 months with all seasons included. That's what I really like. Although i am having a bit of a problem getting my flintlock tuned in. Keeps shooting low and to the right for some reason.I have a Silver Tropthy Hunter from CVA.. Gonna try getting it tuned in again real soon, before the 26th..
    In God We Trust............................

(Columbia County)

Flintlocks and me.... not agood mix 2 years ago had a big doe at 13 steps away! and click flash ..... nothing ,no boom waggin whitetail .This year first season CVA bobcat 6 deer in a feild 25 yards away ...snap ...yet again no boom . so this late season im using the darton trail CR-4 goin stick and string.
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Erie County)

I dusted off the Hawkins .50 and box of supplies this year. I still need a few shooting supplies and I haven't shot Ol'Betsy in quite a while. Somehow I'll have to manage to squeak in a little range time to make sure I can still hit something. I'm not as committed to the late season as I am for the regular rifled season. At this point I'm just looking for an excuse to spend some time in the woods. I have some acreage that I want to put a food plot on this spring. I'll likely mosey around out there and check it out. Still if by some chance I'm given the chance to see a nice rack within range I'd hate not to have a tool handy for the job.

(Montgomery County)

Nothing like Blackpowder season!!!!

Now if we could just have a seperate week for all the non tradionalists!

Well I can't seem to tag a good size buck. I had a chance during rifle at a large 10 pt, but just couldn't get the gun up quick enough I tagged a large doe with the flintlock Friday evening at about 5:00 about 60 yds. It always feels good dropping a deer with the flintlock. And oddly enough no fetus
    FUCK BIDEN

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Well I can't seem to tag a good size buck. I had a chance during rifle at a large 10 pt, but just couldn't get the gun up quick enough I tagged a large doe with the flintlock Friday evening at about 5:00 about 60 yds. It always feels good dropping a deer with the flintlock. And oddly enough no fetus
    Congrats to you!

It is snowing out now maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow or Tuesday.

(Erie County)

Well we got plenty of snow in Erie county today. In fact it snowed all afternoon and I got to experience the dreaded wet flash pan. I made it a point to keep one hand or the other over the pan area the whole day but melting snow is just too smart. There were a few deer moving in the area but they just ran circles around me. Hopefully it will stop snowing tommorrow morning and I'll get a chance to sit for the afternoon watch.

(Bucks County)

I got a doe with my Lyman Deerstalker .54 last Thursday morning.

It's only the second deer I've taken with the flintlock. I can't remember how many times I've shot at deer and the gun didn't go off. That's hunting with a flintlock though.

The late season is one of my favorite times to be in the woods.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteJack View Post
    I dusted off the Hawkins .50 and box of supplies this year. I still need a few shooting supplies and I haven't shot Ol'Betsy in quite a while. Somehow I'll have to manage to squeak in a little range time to make sure I can still hit something. I'm not as committed to the late season as I am for the regular rifled season. At this point I'm just looking for an excuse to spend some time in the woods. I have some acreage that I want to put a food plot on this spring. I'll likely mosey around out there and check it out. Still if by some chance I'm given the chance to see a nice rack within range I'd hate not to have a tool handy for the job.
    Isn't it a "Hawken" instead of "Hawkins"?

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast