Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default OC/CC-able 10mm?

Was thinking about a 10mm. If I get one if like to be able to carry it. Id prefer oc but has to be small enough I can cc if I choose to. resonably priced is a must. Im a father home owner, essentialy the sole earner and 21 yo. Plus as a firefighter they keep paying us less and less so I dont have a ton of extra cash.

I'm not a big dude either. 5 foot 8 inch 180lb so huge handguns just can't be carried.

Default Re: OC/CC-able 10mm?

The Glock 29 might be worth a look.....

(Beaver County)

In 10mm for CC the glock 29 is about your only choice. Had min for about 5 years now. I CC mine all the time and shoot it alot. Probly 2k rounds a year.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Dauphin County)

You could check out EAA's offerings in the Polymer series.

Here is the Glock 29 dimensions: L = 6.77", Ht. = 4.45", W = 1.27", Wt. = 33oz, cap. 10+1., Price around $500-550.

EAA Witness P Compact: L = 7.3, Ht. = 4.5, W = 1.4 (over the safety lever), Wt. = 26oz(empty?), cap. 12+1, Price - can be had for under $500

EAA also makes a model called the P Carry, a full size grip holding 15+1, and the compact barrel/slide.

Now if you want something that looks sharp for OC, it's gotta be the Colt Delta Elite, but there goes your reasonably priced requirement in comparison to the EAA & Glock
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Dauphin County)

I have a Glock 29 I'm selling right now it was real good for conceal carry in my opinion. Mine might be more than you are looking to spend Night Sites and lots of extras. One concern you may want to consider is 10mm ammo isn't cheap and isn't easy to come by either. It is in the classifieds if you want to check it out. EAA is the best deal in 10mm

Good luck

(Franklin County)

I looked into EAA but heard of cracking slides because of not stron enough springs and because of the compacts use twin springs so u cant upgrade. Anyone here this or know anything about it?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    I looked into EAA but heard of cracking slides because of not stron enough springs and because of the compacts use twin springs so u cant upgrade. Anyone here this or know anything about it?
    Check out the cz forum, which has a CZ clone subforum. http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php. Search for "EAA Witness 10mm cracked slide"

All I know is that a very few early model EAA 10mm's had cracked slides, and it was most likely due to hot reloads. I think this was only on steel framed pistols, and I believe EAA addressed it on later models, but stronger springs are available from Wolff, and many on the CZ Forum will recommend that.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: OC/CC-able 10mm?

Full size Witness in 10mm.

I have one.

I carry it regularly.

I was looking to trade up to a Match version if I could find one without a rail.

Available, as a Witness Classic 2, brand new, for under $400.

European American Armory (EAA) is the importer, not the manufacturer.

Manufacturer is Tanfoglio.

(York County)

carry a G29 all the time without issue. Ammo is a little more expensive, however, you can get FMJ's for about $22 for 50, so don't let that scare you. Impressive ballistics too, doubletap has a 1600 fps 750ft/lbs ammo that is more like a cannon load........ have one G20 and two identical G29's just in case!! Not for wussies though!!