Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default who can see your LTCF

Hey guys,
    Had a conversation the other day with a friend. He was at a local cell phone retailer signing up for a phone. The employee was looking up his info, i'm assuming his credit report, and employee looks up from the computer screen and says " You have a concealed wepon's permit?" My friend was verry surprised and responded "yea." The employee said "oh ok."

I'm pulling this from my memory, so prob not word for word but my friend indicated that the tone of the question was not confrontational. I also quizzed my friend and he was NOT CARRYING at the time, and he was not wearing any pro 2a apparell, so there was no possibility the employee got the impression that he was pro gun from him. It had to come from whatever he was looking at on the computer!

So down to the point, how is this possible?!!!!
    I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member

Default Re: who can see your LTCF

Maybe he was an undercover narcotics agent. Was the the cell phone retailer selling burners?
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Montgomery County)

Credit reports do not have LTCF information on them. I would assume it was a lucky guess by the worker. Personally, I would not tell some dude that has my home address and phone number if I was an LTCF holder. It just makes it too easy for him and or his buddies to rob my place when I am not home.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Butler County)

Was your friend CCing and printing?

(Franklin County)

Please read original account, Even put that part in CAPS he was NOT CARRYING at the time.

I cant stress enough that my friend does'nt look the part. He is an average guy very pleasant demeanor and if he wasn't in his work uniform he was prob in jeans an a polo shirt.

And as far as it being a lucky geuss, we live in a fairly populated city a very short drive from the prmd. It's still fairly gun friendly but the housing push has brought alot of anti's that commute to fredrick md for work. So to take a stab in the dark like that with no background info to lead you to a conclusion is pretty risky.

I'm not trying to jump to conclusions but something smells really fishy!
    This is someone I trust, and I hear an account like this and yet were supposed to believe an officer cannot see your LCTF during a traffic stop.......RIGHT
    I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger402 View Post
    Please read original account, Even put that part in CAPS he was NOT CARRYING at the time.

I cant stress enough that my friend does'nt look the part. He is an average guy very pleasant demeanor and if he wasn't in his work uniform he was prob in jeans an a polo shirt.

And as far as it being a lucky geuss, we live in a fairly populated city a very short drive from the prmd. It's still fairly gun friendly but the housing push has brought alot of anti's that commute to fredrick md for work. So to take a stab in the dark like that with no background info to lead you to a conclusion is pretty risky.

I'm not trying to jump to conclusions but something smells really fishy!
    This is someone I trust, and I hear an account like this and yet were supposed to believe an officer cannot see your LCTF during a traffic stop.......RIGHT
    Makes me wonder what other agencies and other systems the PSP's been linking their LTCF database to.

Would your "friend" be willing to actually pursue finding an answer to this? (I.e. relating his account to a state legislature, contacting the retailer to find out what system was accessed that showed that information, etc).

This is a serious breach of private information; the LTCF database is NOT supposed to be public.

This is a matter I've been investigating with FOAC and a couple State Representatives, let me know if you're able to get more details on the retailer and the system that information showed up in.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger402 View Post
    ... and he was not wearing any pro 2a apparell, ....
    Are you referring to the CCW sash that was brought up in the Open forum?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Northampton County)

Did he show his LTCF instead of his drivers license? (Have to ask)
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Allegheny County)

He should just go back and ask.

I hate to ruin a good conspiracy theory, but if retail salespeople had access (directly or indirectly) to LTCF info, don't you think we'd have heard a lot more about it than this one isolated incident?

Coincidences happen - that's why there's a name for them. Could be the Shack guy is a gun owner and either spotted the LTCF, or recognized your friend from a range, or a gun store, or a training class. And then there's plain old mistaken identity.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast