Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Butler Co LTCF issued in 7 days

The wife and I apped for our LCTFs last Thursday. Missed the renewal due to the BC Courthouse being in BFE, so had to check "new" on the form. The lady typed in our info, took our pictures and our $25 each and said they'd send us our licenses after they did a background check and called our references.

She side noted that if we had the refs call in it would be much faster. We told our people to call in, they did, and I got both LCTFs in the mail today.

Nice quick turnaround and no BS. Beaver Co could learn from that, bunch of feet_dragging assclowns. Ah, disclaimer... that was ~ 10 years ago. Could be better now. /shrug

Tips for speedy completion:

- print out the form from the Butler Co Sheriff webpage and fill it out
    - list two references that answer their phones
    - for quicker turn around have your refs call the Sheriff
    - don't be a felon

Happy safe carrying.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Butler Co LTCF issued in 7 days

References? Waiting?

Only waiting I had back in 2001 was a line because the network was down and they had to phone stuff in. No one I ever listed as a reference was called, and I have never been called for a reference.

(Butler County)

You can't get a LTCF in Butler immediately like you can in other counties. They make you fill out the paper app and then they mail it to you...
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

(Butler County)

It would be nice if all counties were walkin walkin out.

Bottom line 2 ref's and contacted really doesn't come into play as far as a delay. Last time I was used as a ref, myself and the other ref called in the same day. His LTCF was dated that day and he received in mail 2 days later.

Based on a friend that just renewed, if you had been on time you would have walked out with it that day.

(Butler County)

I've heard from multiple people that Butler doesn't issue you one the same day. Actually everyone I know that got one issued in Butler had to wait for it in the mail unless they JUST changed something there. If thy did I"ll be thrilled because I have to go up and go through the whole process again because like the OP I let mine lapse because the courthouse is in east ka bum
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

Mine ended up taking about 2 weeks years ago because there was an issue with one of my references. I don't remember what it was, either I gave them the wrong number or the reference wasn't answering the phone for some reason. Ordinarily they're reasonably fast though. Renewals are instant.

I know Armstrong County (at least a few years ago) you walk in, fill out app, walk out with LTCF.

How is the Butler County courthouse in BFE? It's right in the middle of Butler.

(Butler County)

Yea well when you are ALMOST in Allegheny County and it takes you a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes each way it's in BFE!

(Butler County)

Butler does check references on the initial application (or they did 10 or 12 years ago). They don't on the renewal--should be in and out (or mine have been).

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    You can't get a LTCF in Butler immediately like you can in other counties. They make you fill out the paper app and then they mail it to you...
    I got mine the same day in about 10 minutes. Maybe because it was a renewal. Sheriff Slupe is pro-carry and seems like a great guy.

(Butler County)

I stopped on a Weds. with a new application, and by the following Thursday it was in my mail box. It might have been there sooner since we have a PO box. I had already asked my 2 references if I could use them, so I think the process went quicker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast