Any FAL builders/experts out there?

I've decided that I need a FAL. I've been doing research for the past few days, and I've decided that it will be an Austrian STG58 (Steyr).

Originally, I thought I could just buy a STG58 from DSA and be done with it. Apparently the STG58's that DSA has been putting out for a while do not have many Steyr parts (most notably the barrel). That's not going to work for me, so apparently what I need is either an older DSA build, or possibly an Arizona Response Systems build, or a nice kit to either build myself or have built.

If I was to build it myself, I have heard that the gunplumber videos provide a very thorough walk through of the process. This would probably be the most rewarding way to go, but I'm just not sure how much of a headache it would be.

Most likely I will be purchasing a kit and having it built by ARS or some other known builder. Does anyone in PA have a good reputation for building these things? If I provide the kit, compliance parts, and receiver what can I expect to pay to have it built?

I'm trying to learn this system and understand the parts, but it is slow going. I know about FAL Files, and I've been reading threads there, but it's a bit overwhelming. I've found out that there are 17 countable 922 parts. What I don't know is what parts are crucial to keeping the build as authentic as possible, and which are typically switched out to US parts for the build.

I'm pretty sure I want the barrel, lower receiver (trigger housing), bolt, bolt carrier, and stock (this is just aesthetic, but it's important to me for the rifle to have a wooden stock.) I'm thinking that receiver, muzzle attachment, gas piston, trigger, hammer, sear, & pistol grip might be the ticket for 922 compliance, but I'm coming from an AK mindset so I'm not entirely sure.

Speaking of receivers, how do I know which one is right for my build? I've heard that I need a DSA receiver, but which one? And what's the deal with inch/metric?

What are some good websites for purchasing US parts for a FAL? How about surplus parts (butt stock)?

I found this picture on m4carbine.net. This is exactly what I want my rifle to look like when it is finished:

I know I have a million questions, and that I'm a complete newbie at this platform and I'm all over the place. I do appreciate any info you might have that could help me out, and I thank you for bearing with me.