Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default It happend again.. This time charged with CC

I swear im a magnet for gun charges. Didnt want to post until we got some of this cleared up with the DA but it looks like this is going away.

So i go out to my old neighborhood to make my way down to the range we use on my buddies land. I could have drove right down there but decided to park in town and hike up to where we shoot. Exited my vehicle and retrieved by firearm from the trunk. Loaded up grabbed my backpack with gear and hit the woods.

I was in there for a few hours. Did some shooting and did some hiking. Come back out of the woods and dropped my gear bag back in the car. Still enjoying my day.. i decided to walk over the other end of town to some places i know to hike over there. Thats when the phone calls start. A friend calls me saying the cops are at my house and they are looking for me.

WHAT?? what the heck for?? He's not sure, only that they're looking for me. Im figuring i better get home and see whats up. Well 5 min. into my walk back to the car i get a call form the police. Asking where i am. At first i tell them thats none of their business and why do they want to know?? Well eventually they tell me they know im in town that they found my car. I said i didnt lose my car.. its right where i left it... so whats this about? Then he asks if i have a gun.

"Oh boy. here we go again" i thought to myself. I ignored the question and fired several questions myself. None were answered but i was asked again if i had a gun. So at this point im not sure i want to continue this conversation. I tell the officer that and i hang up.

Now a million things are going through my head. Best i could come up with was something got robbed and perhaps i fit the description or something?? Now the cop starts texting me. Im trying to make my way back up into town toward my car. I start seeing police heavily patrolling, obviously looking for ME. WTF is going on??

Now im nervous. Theres a manhunt going on for me and im carrying. This is not a comfortable feeling. Now these guys got me standing in the treeline basically hiding and im asking myself why? Why are they looking for me? Why do they want to know if i have a gun? Why am i hiding???. Why..? cause i dont want to get shot for something I dont know of and surely DIDNT DO!!!

After some thought i decided to head back to my buddies. Id leave my gun w/ his mom (she's got LTCF) and then id meet with the officers to clear whatever this is about up.

Well that ended up being next to impossible. Theres cops everywhere. I decided that this is just too dangerous and id just have to agree to meet this guy. I text him and tell him Ill meet with at the park benches and id wait for him there.

Im sitting there thinking of the millions of ways this could go bad (for me) when 4 or 5 police cars pull up and surround me. Now i still dont want to get into too many of these details yet until the charges are fully taken care of but as of thus.. there still pending. But long story short I got charged with CC because an officer is saying that my POSTURE concealed the firearm.

What a bunch of crap! Oh and the initial reason they were looking for me... MWAG call. Someone called it in when i left my car. Now it gets better. They sent someone to my house and one of my neighbors told them me and my ex wife werent getting along.. and those combined turned into a manhunt for yours truly.

My Ex doesnt even live in that neighborhood. what the hell all that mattered is behond me. Im getting real tired of this crap.

Why dont i have a permit you ask?? Pretty simple. Because i dont have to have one to carry the places i do. I see no need for one other than to protect myself from unlawful arrest.. and well.. thats what my lawyer is for. He's taken good care of me in the past and things are looking good. Though he is trying to get me to give in and get the dang license.. Sad part is.. after all this.. for a THIRD time.. Im thinking about doing it.

Im not looking for opinions about my choice not to obtain my license.. just informing those who know me or are interested of the latest antics of the gestapo.

(Erie County)

Default Re: It happend again.. This time charged with CC

Well, regardless of the lack of license, the MWAG call on you was what invited the men in blue to have a chat with you.

Should'a called your lawyer first, had him talk to the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: It happend again.. This time charged with CC

What municipality?

When this this happen?

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: It happend again.. This time charged with CC

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    so you're admitting on a public forum where anyone can read, that you were CCing without license which is a crime in pa?
    I don't see any admission. I see a statement describing what he was charged with.

(Montgomery County)

I must have missed where he says he was carrying concealed.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    so you're admitting on a public forum where anyone can read, that you were CCing without license which is a crime in pa?

and didn't this title used to say oc?
    He plainly says "So i go out to my old neighborhood to make my way down to the range". So he is fine as I understand it for transportation of the firearm and no where in his post does he say "I was CC'ing". Maybe I missed something and IANAL.

(Bucks County)

What the hell is this crap? This is why we need unlicensed concealed carry. Good luck OP and keep us updated.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jud4420 View Post
    Why dont i have a permit you ask?? Pretty simple. Because i dont have to have one to carry the places i do. I see no need for one other than to protect myself from unlawful arrest.. and well.. thats what my lawyer is for. He's taken good care of me in the past and things are looking good. Though he is trying to get me to give in and get the dang license.. Sad part is.. after all this.. for a THIRD time.. Im thinking about doing it...
    Well duuuuuuuuhhhh..... a $25 LCTF is cheaper than a lawyer.

Sometimes I think these guys bring problems onto themselves... like, why is it that he needed a lawyer in the past (assuming it was also firearms-related), and why didn't he learn the FIRST time?

(Philadelphia County)

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you just admitted to transporting a firearm in a vehicle for purposes other than a legally accepted reason such as going directly to or from a range with no stops in between.

I think it's stupid the way the law is written, and sorry you fell afoul of it, but you really should get rid of this post, especially with charges still pending.

And for crying out loud, get your LTCF.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Well duuuuuuuuhhhh..... a $25 LCTF is cheaper than a lawyer.

Sometimes I think these guys bring problems onto themselves... like, why is it that he needed a lawyer in the past (assuming it was also firearms-related), and why didn't he learn the FIRST time?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    And for crying out loud, get your LTCF.
    As requested by the OP, and now requested by me, do not turn this thread into an OC vs. CC debate. Furthermore, do not make assumptions as to why the OP needed a lawyer in the past. Either accept it as irrelevant to the current discussion, or ask the OP, and he'll either tell you whether it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you just admitted to transporting a firearm in a vehicle for purposes other than a legally accepted reason such as going directly to or from a range with no stops in between.
    Unless I missed something, he drove to a range (or near a range). That's covered in the law assuming he didn't stop anywhere else. The remaining travel on foot is also covered as long as he wasn't concealing.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; March 15th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast