Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: It happend again.. This time charged with CC

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No. He drove to a "range", then he walked. I don't see how the "walking part" is permissible without having walked from the start.

I dunno. That's why lawyers exist.
    gotcha ya!

I dunno either. The original post was a tough read from the start. Probably should have just ignored the whole thing from the get go.

I hate these slow days at work

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Heart View Post
    i have herd LEO's pull crap like since your holster covers 50% of your gun it is considered concealed.
    This made me laugh. Then I realized it's probably true, and I'm sad again.

(Butler County)

Wow. Thought i wrote this in pretty good English. Apparently i was wrong.

At no point in time was i ever concealed. The officer said "my posture" concealed the firearm as i was sitting on a bench when he encountered me. It wasnt covered.. he just couldnt see it from my left. Had he been on my right.. he would have clearly observed it.

As for any supposed admissions.. ive made none. Transporting to the range is a legal exception. Made no stops from home to where i parked. Nothing in the law states i have to use the closest parking space or lot. And my gear bag Obviously shows im going to the range on the other side of those woods so PROOF of the exemption exists. They didnt charge me with anything like that.

Further once i arrived at the range.. what i do from there while OC is my business. The exception was fulfilled, I went to the range. As long as im OC i can proceed as i see fit until i re-enter my car. At which time i would need to proceed directly home.

The real travesty here is that i was charged while openly carrying under the premise that my posture concealed my firearm. I know ive read superior court cases that ruled this is erroneous. If anyone has anything on this id appreciate the info. Thats why im posting now as i could use the help. I know its out there, I've read it. Just cant find it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    As requested by the OP, and now requested by me, do not turn this thread into an OC vs. CC debate.
    My suggestion to get a LTCF wasn't meant to imply any kind of debate between CC or OC. As is often said around here, it's not a concealed carry license, it's a License To Carry Firearms. It makes it a lot easier to comply with the law while doing so. That's all my suggestion meant.

Unless I missed something, he drove to a range (or near a range). That's covered in the law assuming he didn't stop anywhere else. The remaining travel on foot is also covered as long as he wasn't concealing.
    He said, "I could have drove right down there but decided to park in town and hike up to where we shoot." So, he didn't go directly to the range. He went to somewhere in town, then ostensibly walked in part of that town to where he then hiked to the range. He also left his car there and planned to return to it after walking around town and I presume, drive it home.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No. He drove to a "range",
    He didn't even do that. He said he could have driven directly to the range, but instead decided to drive to somewhere in town, load up and then hike.

(Montgomery County)

Wouldn't the OP have to go back to the range, and then walk to and enter his car in order to fullfill the requirement of car transport "from a range"?
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jud4420 View Post
    The real travesty here is that i was charged while openly carrying under the premise that my posture concealed my firearm. I know ive read superior court cases that ruled this is erroneous. If anyone has anything on this id appreciate the info. Thats why im posting now as i could use the help. I know its out there, I've read it. Just cant find it.

What happen to the lawyer you mentioned?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Well duuuuuuuuhhhh..... a $25 LCTF is cheaper than a lawyer.

Sometimes I think these guys bring problems onto themselves... like, why is it that he needed a lawyer in the past (assuming it was also firearms-related), and why didn't he learn the FIRST time?
    Ill respond to this only because it calls into question the lessons i learned from the first two incidents.

Ive had to discharge my firearm in self defence on two occasions. Both were legally justified, one by a jury and the other by the officer on scene. Im sure the threads are here somewhere. Neither incedent did i know or was any way involved with the other parties in the incedent so i in NO WAY brought this on myself other than by coming to the aid of another.

What i learned the first time saved me from any errors that would have lead to more charges the second time. The second indecent i was only charged with unlicensed carry which was dropped as i met an exception.

Money comes and goes. We only have so many rights. One of those is to legally carry my firearm if, when, and wherever i want to within the law.

Its a $25 permit to you. Thats fine. I'll leave it at that.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    What happen to the lawyer you mentioned?!!?
    He knows Im pretty good at this stuff. When i told him about the ruling he told me to get it. I know some on here know exactly what case im talking about, so i posted.

Originally Posted by cigarmanpa
    so you're admitting on a public forum where anyone can read, that you were CCing without license which is a crime in pa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    I don't see any admission. I see a statement describing what he was charged with.

Where did that post from cigarmanpa come from? I don't see it in this thread??

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast