Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

Quote Originally Posted by Smith40 View Post
    I did not see a link to preregister for the event on the 2arally web page. Is there another site or am I simply blind?
    It took me a while to notice as well. Go to the 2A rally link above and click on the "about" tab. At the bottom you can click on "join us". However when you do, it comes up with this: Registration is not yet open for the 2011 rally.

I never got any response to my question about that, so I can't shed any light on the matter.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

I've secured a day off from work and plan on attending. I am in Montgomery County and can have space for three additional people in my Subaru.
    Junior

(Lancaster County)

Would love to attend but do not get back from Afghanistan till the end of May. Hope we have a fantastic turn out......

Andy

Might be up for this
    -Ben

(Dauphin County)

Where is the registration link on the http://www.2arally.com/ web site?
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    Where is the registration link on the http://www.2arally.com/ web site?
    Read post #36. Last time I checked the form was not yet available.

(Allegheny County)

Still not available! I have not heard of buses etc to the Rally. Where can i find this info???

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    If you have written letters, send emails and made phone calls to your Reps and you still want to do more

You too can join the A-Team A= Activist

We are looking for team leaders and gun owners willing to get more involved and learn what it takes to protect your Freedoms & Rights in HBG.

Cleared this offer with Kim Stolfer, .

We are going to be there on Monday May 9th doing some pre lobbying before the May 10th main event and making sure there is NO problems with securing all of your handguns that fall into sections with capital police for anyone with a valid LTCF permit.

We are tentatively going to be there about 11 a.m. time frame, on May 9th. The event will last to at least 3 p.m. and maybe as late as 6pm. If you have to leave before that or you can’t be there that early or arrive late we will try to accommodate you the best we can using cell phones to coordinate.

We will meet up just outside the security check point where you check your firearms. It’s the South entrance at the rear of the Capitol Building by the big water fountain off Commonwealth Ave.

If you come in the main entrance (with all the steps) on North 3rd street, you can NOT check firearms here. If you don’t have a firearm you can come in that way and make your way through the building to Commonwealth Ave entrance.

There are several nearby parking garages convenient to the capitol building beginning with the glass one off of N 2nd street off of Locust St. by the river. Another parking garage is off the intersection of Forster St &N 7th street by railroad tracks. There are also all kinds of parking meters & other places to park around the capital complex.

What we also ask is that you dress in business casual attire with comfortable dress shoes as we will be walking all over the capital complex. The point is to make what we say and information we present the focus of what the Reps will remember not how we dress or looked. It is important to dress appropriately for these events so that we leave a positive impression. I am personally uncomfortable with ties and dress shoes, we all should do what is required for the larger goal. Always dress to impress and you can't go wrong.

http://www.harrisburgparking.org/ CLICK FOR MAP!

This unique event is for everyone’s benefit, our success or failure rest on how important your rights are worth to you and your wanting to be directly involved in the political process to learn what it takes to keep & protect your rights for the future of our republic.

WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU? & what are you willing to do to keep that precious freedom?
    If ANYONE is coming a day early we are planing on being in HBG on May 9th, 2011

IF you need more details on the may 9th event PM me before 4:00 PM on friday May6,th. Keep checking back on the 2A rally event, for updates.

There is never enough time to get all the stuff done before these rally

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Still not available! I have not heard of buses etc to the Rally. Where can i find this info???
    Pennsylvania Right to Keep and Bear Arms Rally

Gathering at 10:00 AM on May 10, 2011 in Harrisburg to Support Gun Rights in PA

More details on Rally, objective and issues
    http://www.2arally.com/

A reminder. May 10th is the date for this years 2nd Amendment trip to Harrisburg. I understand that Governor Corbett well be there to let us hear about the Castle Doctrine being passed into law. The law gives us the right to protect ourselves outside the home. This is an important trip and cheap too. $30.00 for the bus that leaves the McKeesport club grounds at 5am and returns around 6pm. WE stop for breakfast on thee way and while there we can eat in the Capitol Cafeteria. The meals, you are responsible for, the entertainment is going to be talking to our state reps. So we're talking 40 to 45 dollars for a trip that is very rewarding to all. Take a day in your hectic life an do a good thing for our second amendment rights.
    We would like you to pay in advance.

Time is running out. May 10th we will take a bus to Harrisburg for our yearly 2nd Amendment Rally.

Cost is only $30.00. That's a small amount to pay.

It's only 1 day out of 365 to take action and show support at the rally.

You can contact Chuck Penman or Jim Kerr for details and reservations.

Call Chuck Penman at 412-823-9319
    Call Jim Kerr at 724-331-1880 or email 223845@comcast.net
    The vans are still in the works for Allegheny County Sportsmen’s League check back soon. http://acslpa.org/

several of the ACSL clubs have sponsored mini vans for people to get on besides McKeesport, McDonald Sportsmen's Association & DORMONT-MT. LEBANON SPORTSMEN'S CLUB contact info on this link
    http://acslpa.org/html/acsl_member_clubs.html

For Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club made up this cool looking flyer for the bus trip over the the Harrisburg rally. (couldn't get PDF to upload, so here are the details)

The Beaver County Sportsmen’s Conservation League
    is sponsoring a bus to Harrisburg for this important rally

The Details:
    -Location of departure is Midway Bar and Grill, Rt. 18, One mile west of I-376
    -Be there promptly at 4:30 AM
    -Bus returns at approximately 8PM
    -Cost is $35 for non Club sponsored riders
    -YES there is a restroom on the bus
    -There will be stops in Breezewood for breakfast and dinner
    -Contact person is Dick Ward...724-643-4553

You can take your firearm but it must
    be checked in at the security check-point
    at the rear entrance of the Capitol Building.
    Get On The Bus!
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: updated time frame for may 9th
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Clinton County)

Anyone coming from Clinton, Centre or Lycoming Co. I need a ride down. MY ride I did have is going down a day early. Will pay for gas.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Allegheny County)

See note below about transportation and more details for event below on this link has the fancy version of message

http://acslpa.org/html/news4.html

May 2, 2011

***RALLY ALERT***

www.2aRally.com

Harrisburg 2nd Amendment Rally — HELP Needed Gunowners!

Dear Citizen:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 the 6th Annual Second Amendment-Second to None Rally in Harrisburg starts at 10AM on the steps of the Harrisburg Capitol (plan on being there at 9AM). We will be there to celebrate our constitutionally protected right to bear arms and to ‘reject’, IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS, the agenda of some in government that criminals and their actions can dictate how we exercise ‘our’ freedoms!

Ø Are YOU tired of anti-2nd Amendment legislators and organizations holding US responsible for criminal acts committed by those who should be in JAIL?

Ø Are YOU tired of elected leaders, who swore an oath to our constitution, selectively shredding our freedoms because of prejudice, fear or a desire to expand governmental power at OUR expense?

Ø Are YOU tired of being subjected to legislation from legislators who have not read the Constitution?

Ø Are YOU tired of local governments enacting laws in defiance of state law?

Then PLEASE join with us to send our message of Freedom around this state and the nation by attending this rally! It is our fervent desire to advance our freedoms BUT we cannot get there without your help! We are ALL volunteers and this is YOUR rally for YOUR FREEDOMS!

Joining us at this 6th Annual Second Amendment-Second to None Rally in Harrisburg are recognized leaders from around the state and nation as follows:

Ø Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, Pro-Gun Leader in the PA House of Representatives

Ø Rep. Rep. Scott Perry, Sponsor-HB 40-Castle Doctrine

Ø Senator John Pippy, Co-Sponsor-SB 273-Castle Doctrine (Senate)

Ø Larry Pratt, Gun Owners of America President

Ø David Keane, National Rifle Association President

Ø Steve Toprani, Washington County District Attorney

Ø Mike Slupe, Butler County Sheriff

Ø Joe Tartaro, Executive Editor- The NEW Gun Week

These leaders will be joined by Rep. Daryl Metcalfe (see the message and personal invitation from Rep. Metcalfe below) and dozens of pro-gun legislative leaders from the House and Senate along with ALL the leaders of ‘every’ grassroots PA organization.

Dear Second Amendment supporter,

With the recent passage of the Castle Doctrine (HB 40) through the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, I would like to personally invite you to stand with fellow Second Amendment activists from across the Commonwealth in support of our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

On Tuesday, May 10, 2011, Second Amendment supporters from across the state will gather at the State Capitol in Harrisburg for the PA Annual Right to Keep and Bear Arms rally. The rally will begin at 10 a.m. with remarks from: Rep. Scott Perry (R-York/Cumberland), prime sponsor of the Castle Doctrine (HB 40); Sen. John Pippy (R-37); David Keene, National Rifle Association president-elect (5/2/11); Kim Stolfer, Firearm Owners Against Crime; and others.

I have attached the flier for this year’s rally, which includes a full list of speakers. Please feel free to print the flier and distribute it. For additional information about the rally, please visit: www.repmetcalfe.com or www.2arally.com.

I hope you are able to join with Second Amendment advocates and state legislators on May 10, 2011. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 724-772-3110.

For Liberty ,

Daryl Metcalfe

State Representative

PLEASE do not miss this golden opportunity to interact with elected leaders and be part of a special gathering of citizens from around our state as we raise our voices together in support of the rights bequeathed to us by our forefathers!

Once again we will be featuring Castle Doctrine, HB 40 along with a growing list of legislation to address the flaws in current PA law and reclaim some of our lost freedom. These laws can be devastating if you are unfamiliar with how to properly navigate the so-called ‘reasonable’ restrictions that currently exist on our freedoms!! It is important to remember that PA is graded by anti-gun organizations as being the 10th most restrictive state in the nation for gun ownership.

As you know, there have been sweeping changes in the Governor’s office and the PA House of Representatives members and Leadership after the 2010 elections. These new House members and party leadership have a renewed interest in working with us but we must show them that we are still determined to see our problems corrected. It is important to remember that while the Constitution is realistically ‘only’ a piece of paper, what gives it true power is the citizens belief in it and willingness to stand by it at critical moments and this is one of those moments!

Please join with us on May 10th - We look forward to working with you!

With Deepest Regards and Appreciation,

Kim Stolfer Harry Schneider
    Legislative Committee, Chairman Legislative Committee, Chairman
    Allegheny County Sportsmen's League Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association

Firearms Owner’s Against Crime, Chairman E-Mail -- psa@pagunlaws.com

E-Mail -- activist@fyi.net

**Agenda of Events on May 10th:

9:00AM Sign up, get your second amendment badge and organize into groups under team leadership.

10:00AM Rally/Press Conference with legislators and second amendment leaders (lasting approximately about 1 hour).

*At the end of this rally ONE lucky **participant will win a Rossi SCJ4510 Revolving Cylinder Rifle!

(Firearm provided by Ace Sporting Goods / George Romanoff)

The ticket will be drawn by Rep. Metcalfe.

(**Participants must sign up at tables for tickets and must be present!)

11:00AM After the rally everyone will break up into smaller groups under team leadership. Your team leader will take you to specifically assigned state reps so that all 203 of them will hear from gun owners all across the state. Once these assigned legislators are visited then each team will float to other Representatives in the Senate and House including each personal representative. The MOST important point is that ALL 203 Representatives and 50 Senators hear from gun owners, especially the anti-gun legislators that introduce these bills intended to strip your rights away. Your team leader will break around lunch time, after lunch meet up with your team leader to finish up. We plan these legislative lobbying events to run between 9am and 3pm.

***You can help even MORE by doing the following:

Download the flyer, print lots of copies, take it to your gun clubs and post it, take it your local gun stores have them post it as well, email all of your gun owning friends and relatives, let the word go far and wide across PA -- shout it loudly so that everyone knows the Second Amendment Is Second to None. Also visit the ACSL & EPFC & PAFOA Legislative Sections and view the lists of proposed firearm laws pending in Harrisburg.

Contact Information (Details & Help with Travel Arrangements)

ACSL – Sally Barnett (412) 793-4437 or Kim Stolfer (412) 221-3346

From the West:

Beaver County Sportsmen’s League, Inc. (2 Buses)

McKeesport Sportsmen’s Club (1 Bus/Jim Kerr – 724.331-1880)

Parkway Center Mall (vans)

EPFC - Jack Iannantuono (610) 395-6392

(Parking arrangements have been made for the Harrisburg Farm Show parking lot. When you enter the gate make a left and park in the far corner away from the building. Shuttles will be running to the capitol building. You can also park in one of the several lots close to the Capitol building.

The grassroots organizations involved with this effort are listed below:

Allegheny County Sportsmen's League (ACSL),
    Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs (PFSC),
    Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association (PSA),
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association (PAFOA)
    Gun Owners of America (GOA),
    National Rifle Association (NRA),

Second Amendment Sisters (SAS),
    Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association (PRPA),
    Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association (PGCA)
    Eastern Pennsylvania Firearms Coalition, (EPFC)
    Philadelphia Federation of Sportsmen's Club, (PhilaFSC)
    Pennsylvania Gun Owners Association (PGOA)
    Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania (USP)
    National Association of Firearms Retailers (NAFR),
    Pennsylvania State Fish & Game Protective Association,
    The Pink Pistols
    Western Pennsylvania 30 Caliber League, Inc.

Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC)
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast