Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

is there going to be any efforts to do pamphleteering prior to any speeches being made? I think it's silly to just have a bunch of gun owners standing around on the steps without trying to maximize the possibility of doing massive public outreach.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    is there going to be any efforts to do pamphleteering prior to any speeches being made? I think it's silly to just have a bunch of gun owners standing around on the steps without trying to maximize the possibility of doing massive public outreach.
    In the past we have tried to get a one page (max) letter of purpose for rally and or talking points / pending legislation along with rally feedback / questionnaire.

Most of the paper work never get into most people hands and less even get read by those that attend.

Once again we will be doing this at this event as well.

We even have trouble getting 2nd A badges on everyone.

The rally feedback is important to indentify things that we need fixed & gives those that attend a chance give their input.

The really big item that we never seem to be able to fix a 100%, is getting gun owners into groups or finding their group leader in a timely manner after the speakers are finished.

Getting group with a team leader is the ongoing problem, as there is only so much time available to speak with Reps in their offices after the rally (lunch time) and before they go into session.

IF you going and want to volunteer to help out send a PM, we ALWAYS can use help on the day of the rally or before.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Delaware County)

I can't guarantee what time I'll be arriving at the event because I'll be working the night before and will probably only get 3-4 hours of sleep so I don't want to push my luck with setting expectations that I cannot fulfill.

that being said, if there's any type of literature to pass out to the public, I'll gladly donate my time to do that while at the event.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    In the past we have tried to get a one page (max) letter of purpose for rally and or talking points / pending legislation along with rally feedback / questionnaire.

Most of the paper work never get into most people hands and less even get read by those that attend.

Once again we will be doing this at this event as well.

We even have trouble getting 2nd A badges on everyone.

The rally feedback is important to indentify things that we need fixed & gives those that attend a chance give their input.

The really big item that we never seem to be able to fix a 100%, is getting gun owners into groups or finding their group leader in a timely manner after the speakers are finished.

Getting group with a team leader is the ongoing problem, as there is only so much time available to speak with Reps in their offices after the rally (lunch time) and before they go into session.

IF you going and want to volunteer to help out send a PM, we ALWAYS can use help on the day of the rally or before.

(Wayne County)

I am not trying to gripe, but I am just curious, why this rally is being held in the middle of the week ? So many more people could go if it was on a weekend.

Because the legislators are there during the week. The point to this rally is to send a message to our Reps, Senators, and Governor that we are here, and will not just sulk in the corner while our rights are forfeited. If the rally was on a weekend, it would be pretty pointless, because no one would be there to here us.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

The registration link at the rally page still says that registration is not yet open. Can I assume that that is to prevent the awkwardness we had last year when an excessive amount of non-attendees were called for prizes at the close of the rally? I'm assuming that opening the registration for the event later rather than sooner gives a more accurate head count of who will actually be there. Is this a correct guess, or is the registration page just broke?
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Wayne County)

I don't know how I've missed this thread for over a month but, I somehow managed.

I've got the date marked and will do my best to be there provided that I don't get sent out of town for work like last year.

As always, Whitefeather, if you need a team leader, I'm willing if you want me.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Indiana County)

1. Perhaps I'm a little bit dense, but what's an "OLN#" on the firearms registration form?

2. Is it too early for carpool plans?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    1. Perhaps I'm a little bit dense, but what's an "OLN#" on the firearms registration form?

2. Is it too early for carpool plans?
    the event is only a few weeks out. I don't think it's too early for carpooling plans. sadly though, if this thread is any indication as to how many folks are showing up, the steps are going to be pretty empty.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Operator's License Number. They want your DL number.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast