I just got on over the weekend and cleaned it up. It was sitting in my step fathers gun cabinet for a while. I hinted I wanted it and my fiance got it for me as a gift. +1 fiance!

Anyway. I have always admired old Mausers. I have wanted one for a while now. I always heard real good things about the accuracy that these relics amazingly have. I took it out to a 50 yard range not thinking about changes in ammo over the years. I think I may have hit paper once or twice, I am thinking in hindsight that I more than likely hit with one of my hand guns. I had a few reloads I wanted to cycle so I took them along that trip too. The main reason for the range trip was because I had to fire my new gun! But I was a little disappointed I shot so poorly with it. I mean at 50 yards with a rifle I should be, even with a new gun hit the target!

I am wondering if someone here that may have the same gun can give me some estimated starting points. Would it shoot high with modern ammo? If so how high? I am going to "wad" the bore as I have recently learned the proper term. If all checks out though I think I am back to the sights not figuring in for a flatter path. I realize I will have to do some trial and error. Not all guns fire identical.

I have some pictures I will post as soon as I figure out my photobucket acct info.