Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Rest stop interaction.

Given that this was at a rest stop, there's a very good chance that this guy was from out of state, and many states' laws prohibit the carry of weapons in state buildings. He may just not realize how relatively free PA is.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    ... and you got all of this from the original post!

All I can say is ... GENIUS!
    Yeah, the OP said 'less than pleasant' encounter so I took it the guy was smarting off about carrying. Guess I was a little harsh and misunderstood the typed word.

(Cambria County)

Doesn't sound like too bad of an experience. Never seems to be a dull moment at rest stops, should have got a flyer out and offered him some "reading material"

I think I made a couple people crap their pants before they got to the restroom at the rest stop on I-70 Friday. I was traveling back to PA from Delaware and had my USP .40 locked up in the back to get through Maryland. As soon as I crossed into PA I stopped at the rest stop to get my poor gun out of captivity and back on my hip where it belongs. I didn't park anywhere near anyone, but someone just happened to come park right next to me as I'm loading a round in the chamber and holstering. I swear I heard them hit the lock button on their doors as their eyeballs popped out of their heads. I just smiled, gave a little nod hello, and went on to the other reason I had to pull over..

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    Given that this was at a rest stop, there's a very good chance that this guy was from out of state, and many states' laws prohibit the carry of weapons in state buildings. He may just not realize how relatively free PA is.
    Ironically, he was the one working there.

I just find it funny that some people are so close to being on the right track (confusing state, with federal), yet be so far off base.

And yes marty, it wasn't a "bad" encounter by any means. Less than pleasany mainly because 99.9% of my time spent OCing, most are either curious about it, and willing to be educated. Or they just don't notice/care.

Liberifle, I think it was more him just wanting to say something. He had a bit of an attitude about it. I think it came from more of being an employee there, and wanting to flex his name tag so to speak. The ending "I don't care", was said with a bit of a nose in the air type of attitude.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

I know that in the State of Georgia, carrying into publically owned buildings is illegal, and rest stops generally fall into the category. Perhaps, like many people, know of a real law but forget that when they cross a line on a piece of paper you go from "Felon" status to Free Status in a matter of less than a second. Boy, we got some screwy ass gun laws in the Country.!!!

CL

(Monroe County)

I would give the guy a break, even some Cops dont know what the firearm laws are.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    Hooray for PA!

Freedom for Pee-dom!

Could not resist...sorry.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123