Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Rant towards so called 1911 purists

So not to hi-jack someone else's thread. I am so sick and tired of the so called "1911 purests" Get over yourselves. Everything evolves and the great thing about the 1911 platform is that it can change.

The people who say that it should only be in .45, not have rails, have crappy sights, crappy triggers, be sloppy, etc. Stop it. My experience with most of you so called purest' is that you are experts at looking at guns, coveting them, bragging about their collection, and telling everyone else what the 1911 should not have on it. Most of these same experts can not hit a side of a barn with a 1911.

A 1911 is a tuners dream, it can be modified to suit whatever needs you have.

Ok, rant over.

P.S. - Glocks still suck.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Rant towards so called 1911 purists

you need anger management classes, but i like it.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    So not to hi-jack someone else's thread. I am so sick and tired of the so called "1911 purests" Get over yourselves. Everything evolves and the great thing about the 1911 platform is that it can change.

The people who say that it should only be in .45, not have rails, have crappy sights, crappy triggers, be sloppy, etc. Stop it. My experience with most of you so called purest' is that you are experts at looking at guns, coveting them, bragging about their collection, and telling everyone else what the 1911 should not have on it. Most of these same experts can not hit a side of a barn with a 1911.

Ok, rant over.

Its called an opinion. And everyone is allowed to have one, even you.

(Lawrence County)

I respect the old school 1911 design. But I agree, everything evolves. I don't even consider a 1911 now unless it at least has an extended beaver tail. Modern 1911s are my favorite pistols.
    As a side note. Not a fan of glocks at all but I can't ever say they suck. They are solid handguns.

I like purists. They are passionate about a particular item. That is cool with me. I like that 1911s are being dehorned, having triggers tuned etc... It has been happening for quite a while now. It certainly isn't a new phenomenon.
    Jules

p.s. Take the 1911 and do what you wish with it, but the Glock is still the ultimate combat/defensive pistol.

(Monroe County)

Ok, rant over.

Your string is dangling. Oh, and have you ever owned a Glock? Don't get me wrong I don't prefer 1911's at all due to the problems I've personally had with their reliability. I've owned several Kahrs, HK's, Sigs, Berettas...etc..that ran 100% better than my 1911's. Glocks definitely take getting used to, but mine has been just as 100% reliable as any of my top end guns.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, reliability in a handgun is so overrated.

(Allegheny County)

I love 1911's and carry em everywhere however I also own glocks. I favor 1911's more since I've had more failures in my glock then my 1911's combined
    Who Dares Wins

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TRD_RTC View Post
    I love 1911's and carry em everywhere however I also own glocks. I favor 1911's more since I've had more failures in my glock then my 1911's combined
    You have had more problems with your glock over 1911's ? Are 100% of the glock parts factory? I find the 2nd statement very hard to believe.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Erie County)

The people who say that it should only be in .45, not have rails, have crappy sights, crappy triggers, be sloppy, etc. Stop it.
    Dammit!!!

My Kimber isn't like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast