Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Anyone here fired both the Kimber Custom II and the Pro Carry II?

How much of a difference does the shorter 4" barrel make in terms of recoil and aiming the gun? I was set on the Custom II with night sights then i started browsing their site and came across the Pro TLE II/RL II. I currently have an XDm 3.8 so I have a shorter barrel gun for every day carry if I choose to carry. I've fired full size 1911's before and that's what I started out looking for but now I'm having second thoughts after I saw this Kimber. Anyone have thoughts either way? If you have experience with them can you please list a few pros and cons of each? Thanks!
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: Anyone here fired both the Kimber Custom II and the Pro Carry II?

I have a Pro TLE/RE II that I just hung a Streamlight TLR-1s on - I'm curious to see if the little bit of extra weight that adds, affects handling at all.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Anyone here fired both the Kimber Custom II and the Pro Carry II?

I've carried both 4" and 5" Kimbers.

I find the longer sight radius of the 5" easier to shoot, but the 4" is easier to carry and has less weight.

The 4" definitely has a bit more flip, but nothing that's going to surprise you.

If you're going to carry it, I'd go short........if you want a gun to shoot to the best of your ability in terms of accuracy....get the full sized version.

Lycanorgetboththrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Butler County)

I don't know if or how often I would carry it but I can say I would probably feel more comfortable caring it with the manual safety than the ones on my XDm...
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    I don't know if or how often I would carry it but I can say I would probably feel more comfortable caring it with the manual safety than the ones on my XDm...
    Well if you want to shoot a 4" 1911 come up to New Castle any Thursday night.

Lycantrybeforebuythrope

(Butler County)

I just might take you up on that! Where do you shoot at up there?

(Butler County)

Hey I just had a thought...It's my understanding the the frame and everything on the bottom half of the Custom TLE/RL II and the Pro TLE/RL II are the same. Do you happen to know if I purchased the Custom if it's possible to purchase the upper half of the Pro and swap back and forth depending on what I'm using it for?

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    Hey I just had a thought...It's my understanding the the frame and everything on the bottom half of the Custom TLE/RL II and the Pro TLE/RL II are the same. Do you happen to know if I purchased the Custom if it's possible to purchase the upper half of the Pro and swap back and forth depending on what I'm using it for?
    You'd have to have another slide and barrel fitted by a gunsmith. You can't just drop one one.

We shoot informally at Castlewood Rod and Gun Club ever Thursday night. Open to the public.

Lycancomeonoverthrope

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Anyone here fired both the Kimber Custom II and the Pro Carry II?

I have a Kimber Ultra Carry11 with a 3''barrel.I carry it most of the time.
    the recoil is nothing like i expected the gun handles well and is very accurate.
    I understand that the recoil spring needs to be replaced around 20,000 rounds
    or so. At the range people who have shot it really like it.

(Lawrence County)

I'm pretty sure Kimber recommends the spring be replaced sooner than that.

Lycannobuffsinshort1911'sthrope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast