Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default M.A.S.A. ok for pin shooting

are you able to use alternative targets at muhl. range such as bowling pins and steel ?? clean up is of course part of the practice. im not a slob. i always leave the range as good or better than i found it,but i understand do to "LETTUCE HEADS" that you may not allow this practice.

(Berks County)

Default Re: M.A.S.A. ok for pin shooting

Quote Originally Posted by M&PEE View Post
    are you able to use alternative targets at muhl. range such as bowling pins and steel ?? clean up is of course part of the practice. im not a slob. i always leave the range as good or better than i found it,but i understand do to "LETTUCE HEADS" that you may not allow this practice.
    Sorry, paper targets only.

(Berks County)

Is there any place to shoot shotguns there, at my range its slugs only......like what kind of backstops do they use, thinking about joining.....also what's the range distance.....I like sometimes to get close to the target to simulate close in work.....thanks

(Berks County)

When I joined, it was explained to me that the shotgun area wasn't used much these days. Apparently the business on the property next to MASA put up a building and shot was raining down on it, forcing the club to stop shotgun shooting unless at a supervised event.

The backstop is one long berm with firing positions that step back (a gravel path every so many yards). The downside is that if more than one person is shooting, you are all shooting from the same distance. There is a bench for both 50 and 100 yard rifle shooting (they use the same berm as pistol, so rifle and pistol can not be shot at the same time unless the pistol shooter is okay with the long distance)

The website is http://www.muhlshooting.org/ It is a bit outdated but the entire rule book is posted in the event that you have a question (It is more by-laws than range procedure)

The range is a bit limited but tends to be slow. I've gone over on a Saturday morning and shot for an hour and a half without anyone showing up to shoot. Personally, I like it being slow as it allows me to change shooting distance on a whim. Membership is very inexpensive and comes in at something like $10 for area residents and $15 for those outside the area.

(Berks County)

Arrow Re: M.A.S.A. ok for pin shooting

Quote Originally Posted by M&PEE View Post
    According to the township's rules and regs of the MASA range, shooting can only be done on "proper targets" hung for that reason. No cans, bottles, milk jugs, or other materials are to be used as targets. Bowling pins probably fall into the prohibited category since they are not "proper targets".