Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default Expanded to Sunday Hunting?

I do not know any details other then what i received from Representative Curt Sonney, It seems he is taking a Poll to see if We want Hunting expanded to Sundays. Here is the link to cast your vote, Expanded Sunday Hunting Poll

I personally like this option because of the way things are going in the economy, a lot of hunters do not have any other day to hunt because needing to work extra hours/days to make their means. So i voted for it.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Shadow Heart; March 12th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Expanded to Sunday Hunting?

Filled it out "YES" of course. I also added to the comments to eliminate the absolutely ridiculous semi-auto ban

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    Filled it out "YES" of course. I also added to the comments to eliminate the absolutely ridiculous semi-auto ban
    I had totally forgot that aspect, i wonder of i could vote and comment again, LOL

(Bucks County)

Sunday hunting on all land or just private property and some state land?

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Sunday hunting on all land or just private property and some state land?
    I have not seen any details, i am "ASS"uming all lands, but i think it is a feeler poll to see if he wishes to write up an offering, I personally think it should be open to all, with the "Privet" landowners discretion, arguments i have heard in the past seemed to be slanted to "Church Goers" not wanting to hear gun shots on Sunday during or after services. hopefully there will be more details soon.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I dunno, seems that one should be kept in place for big game anyway. I can see using semi's for small game, but big game I think could be a disaster. Envision if you will the number of weekend warriors out there nervously shooting with a bolt action, without much attention to whats on the other side of the shot. Now add semi auto rifles to the picture. lulz

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomos View Post
    I dunno, seems that one should be kept in place for big game anyway. I can see using semi's for small game, but big game I think could be a disaster. Envision if you will the number of weekend warriors out there nervously shooting with a bolt action, without much attention to whats on the other side of the shot. Now add semi auto rifles to the picture. lulz
    to a point i do agree with you, but overall i agree it should be an allowable option, caliber restriction for big game use is where i agree, to a point though, since the U.S. has been using 5.56 for hunting Enemies in the 100-200+ pound range effectively for many years, but for the sake of not getting into an unneeded point of view argument, i will agree to disagree with those claiming otherwise, but use on small game or varmint i think it is a great idea. 5 round magazine restriction in hunting applications, and HP, SP, and tipped ammo as well, No Hard Balls.

My personal take on it, is more on the disabled, the young, or smaller framed persons where a reduction in felt recoil would encourage them, and not hurt with each shot. Not to mention more accurate shots because they are not in fear of their rifles recoil.

a lot of them weekend warriors are just as fast with a bolt/lever/pump action as they are with a semi-auto action. If you have ever hunted with some from New York, you will see exactly what i mean.

(York County)

Just sent four respsonses for the four persons in my household, all for sunday hunting and removing the semi-auto restrictions.

This is a tired argument. What state has seen any disaster because they allow semi-auto for big game? Can you can name one state where hunting accidents increased after allowing semi-auto rifles?
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: Expanded to Sunday Hunting?

Oh god... Here we go. Yes in PA if we allowed semi-automatic rifles for hunting children would be dead in the streets, stray bullets would go through every 7/11, death and mayhem, death and mayhem... Of course oh states like NY allow semi-autos and they don't seem to be having these lunitics killing everyone and NY has over a million hunters...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_semi_a..._hunting_in_ny

and semi automatics are actually quite good for hunting.

http://hunting.about.com/od/toppicks...uto_rifles.htm

Facts be damned, lots of innocent school children, toddlers even will end up dead if we allowed semi-automatics [Yawn]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast