Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mossberg 590A1 Price?

Model # 51660 20 inch barrel, 8 shot magazine tube, bead sights.
    My local gun shop quoted me $530. Is that too high or is that about average?
    Just curious. Would it be cheaper buying it online? Ive never done the FFL thing.

Thanks

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Mossberg 590A1 Price?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/46998

It seems like you could save a decent amount.

(Montgomery County)

I've seen Cabelas run $450ish specials as well.

You might want to consider Ghost Ring version if you are not mounting an optic.

Here is the selection from Buds: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/a...c7qci0&x=0&y=0

But there are a bunch of other online sellers: Impact Guns, Donaldson's ...
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Perry County)

You might copy the Buds add and then take it with you to your dealer and ask him how close he can come to matching it. He can't probably, but after you pay shipping and the FFL fees he may be pretty close on out the door prices. Of course, Pa (or are you in Va?) is going to want $30+ in tax, about shipping. Still, for about the same money better to buy locally, see the gun, feel its heft (these babies are stout), etc

(Luzerne County)

As noted, by the time you pay tax, shipping, and the transfer fee, how much are you saving?
    And........on the rare occasion that there is something wrong.....who do you bring it to when it was mailordered? Probably not going to happen but....
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Indiana County)

Buds and your local dealer are high, Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield PA has them listed in their new flyer for $419.

http://www.gricegunshop.com
    Page 25 of the flyer
    #51660 $419
    #52668 $459 w/Ghostring & Speedfeed stock

I can't see why everyone jumps right out there and recommends a drop shipper like Buds, I have yet to see them out price my local dealers. My local guy had them beat by $18 on the LCP I just picked up and that was his "regular" price, not the long time customer price. I ended up with an out the door price of only $4 more than Buds price and I didn't put a strain on my relationship with my dealer by having to mention that "I can get it on line cheaper".
    And like was already stated, IF you have a problem, how interested in helping you is your local guy going to be after you just took away his families dinner that night. (sarcasm) By all means tell him he is high, maybe he looked up the wrong price and gave you the price on the #53690 model, but I would try to be decent about it, not going into his shop ranting about how it's cheaper on line and waving a paper in his face.

To the OP, call around other dealers, Grices does wholesale and maybe your dealer never heard of them and is getting his stock from a higher priced wholesaler and is not actually out trying to gouge you, but maybe he is, so call around.

Grices, Jerry's, Shirk's and Davidsons are the places for dealers to find the best prices all the time, not on everything, for example, I would never go to Grices to order a Smith, that would be Shirk's order, however for most any long gun, Grice's regular wholesale is always at or near the bottom on the price scale. Jerry's is the place for sale and discontinued stuff as well as most handguns.
    (I was an FFL and still do some work with my former business partner doing Fire Dept gun raffles, so I'm just giving my fairly educated opinion here)
    Last edited by 39flathead; March 13th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

(Montgomery County)

When I bought my shotgun I looked all over on line to try to determine a fair price. Even on gunbroker.com everytime I looked at the price, plus shipping, plus FFL fee, (not to mention the goodwill you DON'T generate with your local dealer) it wasn't worth the time or trouble.

YMMV, of course.

(Perry County)

Talking Re: Mossberg 590A1 Price?

[QUOTE=39flathead;1527546]Buds and your local dealer are high, Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield PA has them listed in their new flyer for $419.

http://www.gricegunshop.com
    Page 25 of the flyer
    #51660 $419
    #52668 $459 w/Ghostring & Speedfeed stock

I can't see why everyone jumps right out there and recommends a drop shipper like Buds,

I suspect it is because this is an internet Forum, we are sitting at a computer, and when asked what a good price is Bud's price is just a few key strokes away? Just guessing

(Indiana County)

I've yet to see a better price on Buds than I can get locally.

I guess I don't live in a high dollar part of the state/country.

I can't stand drop shippers like Buds, that's all, if you do, then more power to ya.

Don't forget an m9 Bayonet for it!!!!!

http://www.m9bayonet.com/
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor-2009,classes available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast