Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Bad experience 3rd time Ocing...

So it first started out I was open carrying my glock 23 in Dennys. Everything was fine until I got up to go to the register because I needed to get change. When I went to go pay the bill the waitress told me next time to conceal my gun because people were getting scared. She also told me that she knew where I was coming from because she carried so I just let it go, paid my bill and went on my way.

So after that we go to the hardware bar in Scranton.I go in there with my G23 on a OWB Blackhawk Serpa holster with my hoody concealing it. So we go upstairs and we have to take our hoodies and jackets off. So as soon as I do no later then 10 seconds do the bouncers come toward me and tell me I have to take my gun and put it in the car. I was kinda shocked because I specifically looked for "no gun" signs but there werent any the only signs were "no smoking" signs. So the bouncer told me it was alright I could come back in once I disarmed. So I put the gun in the trunk and came back in and they told me that the manager said I wasnt allowed back in. I told them I was disarmed and they still told me I wasnt allowed back in. So I called my friend so he could gather our group to leave. As that was happening I asked to speak to the manager and I got the assistant manager and he told me it was illegal to carry in clubs which is false if im not mistaken. I explained to him that he was wrong and that there was no reason for me to be kicked out of the club. Then a few more bouncers came outside I told them what happened and they basically told me the same thing. I think thats really stupid to not have any signs and then to completly kick me out even after I disarmed. So then we left and I open carried in walmart a few times to make myself feel better and then I went home.
    Last edited by zoanemesis; March 11th, 2011 at 02:51 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Bad experience 3rd time Ocing...

They were wrong in PA it is legal too carry in any establishment that serves
    alcohol

(Blair County)

Default Re: Bad experience 3rd time Ocing...

Sooner or later if you OC you're going to have a bad experience. There are far too many sheep and LEOs that are ignorant of the laws. The bouncers and security types are the worst in my experience.

Technically if it's their property they can ask you to leave for ANY reason and if you refuse you'd be trespassing (I'm sure you're aware of this) so I wouldn't get bent out of shape over it. My recommendation would be to contact the upper management that runs the place over the phone or e-mail and ask them for their firearms policy. If the bouncer's actions went against that policy I would inform them of that also.

OC and other gun laws have been in the news enough that people need to wake up and realize that their personal opinion is just that, an opinion, and should not be enforced as law!
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Erie County)

Businesses can refuse service, regardless of lack of signs.

Sorry for the hard time you went thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Bad experience 3rd time Ocing...

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    So then we left and I open carried in walmart a few times to make myself feel better and then I went home.

Huh???

Maybe I'm getting old...hoodies put me straight into condition orange...hoodie + oc, or bulges, or hand swipe 'tells', now I'm in condition very orange.

Just sayin. How one dresses affects how one is perceived. Just the way the world is.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Just sayin. How one dresses affects how one is perceived. Just the way the world is.
    You're not wrong. Two identical twins walking down the street, one wearing a hoodie and doing shuffle-slouch that seems to be popular these days and one wearing khakis with a pull over knit shirt will be treated very differently.

Then again I wear a vest and a pocket watch, so I may be biased.

Damned yutes.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Carbon County)

to be honest, if i am in a bar, i dont want to see an open gun on anyone. my biggest concern would be some drunkin asshole coming up and grabbing it because he got in a fight with his girlfrien or something stupid. pulls it and starts pointing it around. i was never a fan on open carry for myself just because i dont need the hassle or the questions. i dont have a problem with other people doing it, i just conceal. its just me. back to your proble, they dont need a sign to ask you to leave. if i was a bar owner, i would not allow guns in my bar either for the reasons i said above. you might be responasbe, but johnny drunk ass might not be.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    ..... if i was a bar owner, i would not allow guns in my bar either for the reasons i said above. you might be responasbe, but johnny drunk ass might not be.
    I agree. When they say "guns and alcohol don't mix", they are not just talking about the gun carrier. I can guarantee that you would be sued if someone was hurt by some drunk after he/she grabbed your gun.

I don't put myself into positions of defending myself because of someone else's actions.

(Monroe County)

I was going to quote a few of you and point out the anti in your statements, but I will just say this and let you all think about where your comments came from.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast