Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default People these days...

Long story short....

I'm having a cigar at our local cigar store with my two brothers (the three of us are Marines) and a friend who is a lifetime NRA member and gun owner. We are talking about the rock bottom state of the nation and mexican drug cartels in Texas, etc. As we are walking out, a gentleman sitting clear across the room from us says:

"You know...if you guys want to carry guns without licenses, you should move to Arizona".

Not only was I pissed that he was ignorant enough to open his mouth, but I was also appalled that he was obviously making a point to listen to our conversation.

Anyway, I educated him on his 2A rights here in the Commonwealth, and left it at that even though I also wanted to tell him next time don't open your mouth if you don't have the facts. But I suppose the older I get, the less "confrontation" I want.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: People these days...

I've met far more gun controllers that are gun owners (and most of them NRA members also), than I have outright, gun hating, anti-gunner, gun controllers.
    Last edited by Scrumpyjack; March 12th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpyjack View Post
    I've met far more gun controllers that are gun owners (and most of them NRA members also), than I have outright, gun hating, anti-gunner, gun controllers.
    I suppose that explains the impotence I've been seeing on important issues when it comes time for the NRA to say it's piece.

At this point, I'm getting pretty fed up with the NRA; At this point I'm debating whether or not there is any value in maintaining an NRA membership. The only thing holding me back at this point is that I haven't done enough research to decide what an acceptable replacement would be.

To clarify, the NRA seems to be going the way of the AARP -- rotting away from the inside, and supporting policies that act to the detriment of the rights and/or wishes of their members.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    Long story short....

I'm having a cigar at our local cigar store with my two brothers (the three of us are Marines) and a friend who is a lifetime NRA member and gun owner. We are talking about the rock bottom state of the nation and mexican drug cartels in Texas, etc. As we are walking out, a gentleman sitting clear across the room from us says:

"You know...if you guys want to carry guns without licenses, you should move to Arizona".

Not only was I pissed that he was ignorant enough to open his mouth, but I was also appalled that he was obviously making a point to listen to our conversation.

Anyway, I educated him on his 2A rights here in the Commonwealth, and left it at that even though I also wanted to tell him next time don't open your mouth if you don't have the facts. But I suppose the older I get, the less "confrontation" I want.
    I had a 15-16 year old female at the local shop and save or what have you and I was in line seemed she was creaking out and had the nerve to say what's this world coming to that people have to carry guns. All in all the manager fame over as we were walking out and stopped me politely to talk. She happens to be in her late 50's and an ex marine and said to excuse her "dumb" employee and she would enlighten her on the laws of carry here. I gave her a flyer after also. This happened awhile ago but figured I would share.

(Lehigh County)

Idiot......
    When They come, I'll Be Gone...

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpyjack View Post
    Found that about a Sheriff I thought was very 2A friendly.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...amendment.html
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Luzerne County)

IDK how this turned into Anti-NRA....I was simply using my friends life long membership (48 years old) to solidify the point that 4 avid 2A/patriotic individuals were discussing the rock-bottom state of the union and were rudely and ignorantly interrupted.

His membership in the NRA is a way for him to support what he thinks is right, and since he does not have a computer or internet access anywhere, he misses out on alot of the controversy and info that is available to him.

It's just like anything else. There are pro-gun control NRA members, pro-abortion conservatives, anti-obamacare democrats...there are gun owning honest citizens who make a bad decision and commit an act of violence that immediately tarnishes the reputation of the hundreds of thousands of us who never have, and never will.

(Montgomery County)

You handled it better than I. People these days...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSR47 View Post
    The only thing holding me back at this point is that I haven't done enough research to decide what an acceptable replacement would be.

Of course you should research them on your own but if I may suggest GOA (Gun Owners of America) and JPFO ( Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership) are two very good groups.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    Long story short...... I said, "Mind your own business and go f*@# yourself," and left it at that.
    Fixed it for ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast