Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: draco or p-16?

(Wayne County)

Default draco or p-16?

Hey guys and gals trying to make a decision....Ak draco or keltec plr -16 can't afford a quality ar-15 pistol right now... they are about the same price...any opinions?
    Last edited by deerhunterNEPA; March 11th, 2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: bad speller

(Bucks County)

Default Re: draco or p-16?

i would go with the keltec without a doubt. the keltec is better balanced, lighter and much easier to bring on target with faster follow up shots. the draco is front end heavy, has poor sites and difficult to aim and hold on target. the draco is better suited for blasting ammo down range while the keltec can be used to accurately engage targets.

(Montgomery County)

Let us suspend the question of what you can afford. Why do you want one of either? What role do you want a rifle caliber pistol to fill? Rifle caliber pistols suffer from one very large problem, they use ammunition designed for a longer barrel!

If we are talking defense, both are poor choices. Neither pistol is very good at precision or accuracy. What do you want to use one for???
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Let us suspend the question of what you can afford. Why do you want one of either? What role do you want a rifle caliber pistol to fill? Rifle caliber pistols suffer from one very large problem, they use ammunition designed for a longer barrel!

If we are talking defense, both are poor choices. Neither pistol is very good at precision or accuracy. What do you want to use one for???
    I am going to have to disagree..an ak-47 pistol with a drum mag as a hd defense gun is not a bad choice haha.. I don't know what planet you live on...plus try not to be a dick for about two seconds never said a self defense gun maybe just a fun gun to shoot and which one would the guys and gals on here rather have..It is always the guys who have never discharged a firearm at a bad guy that are experts jeeez

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterNEPA View Post
    I am going to have to disagree..an ak-47 pistol with a drum mag as a hd defense gun is not a bad choice haha.. I don't know what planet you live on...plus try not to be a dick for about two seconds never said a self defense gun maybe just a fun gun to shoot and which one would the guys and gals on here rather have..It is always the guys who have never discharged a firearm at a bad guy that are experts jeeez
    An AK47 pistol is a terrible choice for home defense. Have you ever fired one at night? The fireball coming from the end of the barrel looks like a flamethrower. A 12 gauge with regular velocity buckshot loads (no Max dram loads) would be a far more effective weapon.

I live on earth.

I am not being a dick, you are not answering my question posed before asking you what the weapon is supposed to be for. When I addressed defense I made the statement "if we are talking defense." Your reading comprehension needs improvement, as do your social skills.

Your statement : "It is always the guys who have never discharged a firearm at a bad guy that are experts jeeez" is ignorant and inflammatory and is a reflection on your attitude. There are no bad guys, there are opponents. I have shot a variety of weapons indoors, I have also drawn a loaded weapon from a holster while in fear of my life. I have trained and competed. However, all of those experiences are for me and my benefit. I suggest you get some experience under your belt before you make similar statements like the above.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!